Notices

NJ Turboed Hondas, question for you..........

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ Turboed Hondas, question for you..........

The Maxrev kit is going in soon. I know it's not street legal, but I want to know the deal with inspection, the laws in NJ, being pulled over and getting ticketed, etc... For example, if I get pulled over, can I get a ticket?
Old 01-19-2003, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NJ Turboed Hondas, question for you.......... (sando112)

for inspection either, take the kit off and go to the dmv or pay a shop off. as for tickets, i've been pulled over a few times in jersey, nothing happend...
Old 01-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: NJ Turboed Hondas, question for you.......... (zojirushi)

In my area at least, the cops seem not to know much about modifying cars. At least it's not as bad as in California where they make you pop your hood all the time.

I've been stopped numerous times and haven't gotten anything worse than a front plate ticket. Note as I'm being ticketed, the car is on, and since I have no catalytic converter, the whole area smells. Haha.

As for inspection, I have a local guy that I pay. The last time I got inspected there, he didn't even use my car. He pulled in a taxi cab that was sitting in the lot and used his exhaust numbers.

Oh well. I think you're safe in NJ.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:38 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NJ Turboed Hondas, question for you.......... (shamoo)

As for inspection, I have a local guy that I pay. The last time I got inspected there, he didn't even use my car. He pulled in a taxi cab that was sitting in the lot and used his exhaust numbers. I think you're safe in NJ.
haha me too, only i used a camry..Nj isnt to bright when it comes to modified cars.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NJ Turboed Hondas, question for you.......... (SIXTYdashONE)

yeah i had a f150 go for me 2 years ago, but now i need a new hookup, either of you guys want to share??

i was pulled over during a tuning session (open downpipe) laptop connected and all, the cop was like WTF??? it was funny, i got my excessive noise fixit ticket and dealt with it.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:43 PM

Default Re: NJ Turboed Hondas, question for you.......... (FFgeoff)

In most any area of NJ you won't get pulled over and asked to "pop" your hood. Now I have 3 gauges, a A/F monitor, and S=AFC all up on my dash, never gotten a ticket for that, 1 time I Was searched (this is absolutly unrelated to gauges, they were just searching everyone that night for some reason, guess a big party bust). Been pulled for stupid stuff, but haven't been harassed with muffler noise or any of that bull.

As for inspection don't goto the dmv, you WILL FAIL if not visual then something else really stupid. You will have to goto a 3rd party place and pray you can pass emissions, and if not, go back to stock injectors, stock ecu with no fuel management for that day and get it done again. I think this june when I have to go, I'm gonna rip out the 440's put the AFC back to stock settings, and then go for emissions, as I douby a 3" exhaust (with a legal carsound cat in place) is going to fail.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NJ Turboed Hondas, question for you.......... (shadowdawn)

wheres a good place in jersey to get an inspection sticker...my teg has been around with a sticker that expired in august...any place in north/central jersey???
Old 01-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NJ Turboed Hondas, question for you.......... (sando112)

dont worry about getting pulled over cops in new jersey dont care.. esp north jersey , newark, jersey city, area.. they probably rob you for your car knowing how crooked they are 92 integra max rev hmm i wanan see yourset up wherein nj you from?