Notices

Nitrous Honda WebForum? (Big Shot, Direct Port)

Old 12-19-2004, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Honda WebForum? (Big Shot, Direct Port)

Does anyone know any good forums on the net with a good source of info on high hp direct port nitrous fed Hondas?

Im looking to spray a 150 on my D16 and sorry to say it, but HT is all about turbo's

Im looking to hit 11's with a $1500 budget and nitrous is for me

Just looking for a webforum, wanna try something different than Turbo

Thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Honda WebForum? (1 Cam Wonder)

Old 12-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on a $1500 budget including built motor? aint gonna happen unless you get some sick deals.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Honda WebForum? (itr206)

lol no, motor was done on a $2000 budget, rods/pistons, blockguard, machining. Head was totally worked, Delta 272 cam, dual titanium valves, fererrea retainers, 1mm OS titanium valves, port n polish, 3 angle valve job, milled .040

Completely rebuilt basically and I even squeezed a Venom intake manifold into the mix and under budget

I figure I wont be racing much as my town sucks *****, so why go turbo that Ill have a hard time installing/fixing and probably run a best of maybe a 12.5 1/4

Or spray a 150 shot for far less money, probably atleast a second faster in the 1/4 and N/A Ill still have some descent power to get me around with the 10.4:1 comp and aftermarket ish

Just seems like something I should try
Old 12-21-2004, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you think youll go a second faster on nitrous then you will turbo?

you got alot to learn. youll see how fun nitrous is when your refilling after every run on a 150 shot.
ive been there and done that too many times, then i switched to turbo
Old 12-21-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Honda WebForum? (itr206)

try talking with some domestic guys........nitrous isn't as "taboo" to them as it is in the honda world. i've gotten most of my info from the guy that did my DP setup. Looking around on the internet and asking shops for advice has been fairly useless thus far.

trying to do the nitrous thing has been rough every step of the way, there just isn't that much R&D floating around for us honda guys.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Honda WebForum? (JSpin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSpin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try talking with some domestic guys........nitrous isn't as "taboo" to them as it is in the honda world. i've gotten most of my info from the guy that did my DP setup. Looking around on the internet and asking shops for advice has been fairly useless thus far.

trying to do the nitrous thing has been rough every step of the way, there just isn't that much R&D floating around for us honda guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It isnt taboo its just not pratical when compared to boost, I know many people who use both and the ones with boost are always happy and guess whos not and the only people who dont end up going to boost from nitrous are the rice boys who bought the kit for "looks"
I am by no means against nitrous so on your build and I hope you do it.
BTW I still wish I had my old school NX kit to toss in the daily driver GSR.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:30 PM

whats the question here? get a dp kit, get a progressive controller, heater, purge. there done. now install it, tune it. done. what do you want to know? clubsi has a nitrous forum fwiw. you won't find much info on big power sprayers though. most are street cars with single foggers.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nitrous Honda WebForum? (wolfsburg2)

You already figured slicks and stuff into your budget? What about fuel system upgrades? Engine management? Theres alot you need to think about if you wanna run 11s........

Let me know how that goes, but I pretty much no the outcome already. Be hard headed if you want but I can promise you it will co$t you.......
Old 12-22-2004, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Nitrous Honda WebForum? (MAD SOHC)

slicks/suspension/brakes is in a whole nother $1500 budget

For management Im going with the sick old SAFC II and msd digi w/ 2 step on a PG7 ecu

Ill tune n/a with my wideband and adding fuel with the safc (stock injectors)

Then when on the bottle Im just going to be pulling 6* timing and maybe run a little rich for safety

Ive got a complete high hp turbo setup sitting here right infront of me, thatll cover 150% of the complete build. Just gotta swap my 9.5:1 SRP's for some higher comp ones, or I may just mill 40 thou off of my head
Old 12-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The only way you're gonna pull this off is to tune with the nitrous jets. Start with a bigger fuel jet and work your way down. I used to run 150 on a bone stock LS (didn't last too long but that bitch moved!!!) I had problems trying to run a 100 shot on my SOHC even with good tuning, but with a good progressive controller you may be able to pull it off.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:03 AM
All Motor Mentor

I might be a little concerned about that much power without having that block sleeved. As long as you have your tuning done really well you can probably get away with it, do you have access to a dyno?

If information is what you're looking for there are lots of good books available on the subject such as "Sport Compact Nitrous Injection" which is written by Joe Pettitt and published by SA Design books. Go to http://www.cartechbooks.com for more info.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Nitrous Honda WebForum? (00Red_SiR)

i have that book....it's not a bad place to start