Notices

Next possible build.. what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next possible build.. what do you think?

Later this summer/fall i plan on picking up another b18b and building it for a RELIABLE 250-300whp. Im trying to decide what i will need exactly for this..Heres what im thinking of

9.2:1 compression ratio with forged pistons/rods
Resleeve? is this necessary?
Same size turbo i have now (t3/t04e 50 trim)
Love fab SST manifold or Full race manifold
Crower 403's up top along with the retianers and springs
Skunk2 Intake manifold or JG edelbrock IM (other suggestions welcome for this)
same intercooler and piping i have currently

I was kinda dissapointed in my numbers..even tho i know my tq is good but i feel my power is low for what im boosting.. so now im destined to make a motor for what exactly i want.. feel free to throw your 02 cents in.. thanks!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Next possible build.. what do you think? (J337_UNIT)

Sounds like you know exactly where you want to go. Sleeving the block isn't necessary for your goal. You'll be able to reach it with everything listed. EF1 also makes nice cams for our motor. Check them out at http://www.m24x.com Very well priced too, IMO. Both of those intake manifolds are nice, but I had the pleasure of seeing an Inline Pro intake manifold for the first time the other day, and it's one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen in my life Not sure about any details on it, but you may want to check that out. Just my $0.02...hey, at least it's not CAD
Old 05-11-2004, 06:31 PM

not to sure about the crower cams...i havent seen to many numbers from them but what i have heard they are pretty aggressive for the type of setup you are looking for. As far as intake manifold i would go with the skunk2 mani. you will c a increase in lower rpm apposed to edlebrocks mani which i believe is aimed more towards high reving engines most power seen produced by the manifold is from 7k-10k. i think from most of the set ups i have seen with edlebrock manifold are redlining in the 9k range. just my .02! good luck wit the new set up!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Next possible build.. what do you think? (MONTCOSi)

I think that setup looks pretty good for now. Maybe you will want to re-sleeve in the future, but if you do I think you should stay with 81mm, that way if anything does happen you can always re-bore. Also, I say save some money on the manifold and buy an inline pro, and put that money towards something else, like maybe a slightly larger turbo(I know you said you wanted to keep that turbo, but something like an sc50 might be a little better)
Old 05-11-2004, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Next possible build.. what do you think? (m R g S r)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think that setup looks pretty good for now. Maybe you will want to re-sleeve in the future, but if you do I think you should stay with 81mm, that way if anything does happen you can always re-bore. Also, I say save some money on the manifold and buy an inline pro, and put that money towards something else, like maybe a slightly larger turbo(I know you said you wanted to keep that turbo, but something like an sc50 might be a little better)</TD></TR></TABLE>

only reason i dont want a larger turbo is because i like quicker spooling..and i think a 50 trim will do fine for the HP goal im shooting for
Old 05-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright, check out an sc34 or something along those lines, with the GT wheels. They seem to make good numbers and spool pretty quickly on our motors.