Notices

Newbie here.. i need info on bossting a integra

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here.. i need info on bossting a integra

[IMG]OK first off I am in the process of building a 91 Integra.. I am going to be doing turbo.. I would like to run around 12-13 sec (if possible).. Now I was recently offered a fully rebuilt 91 LS B18a1. I want to know if the way that this motor was built if I can handle boost and achieve 12-13 secs.. I know right off hand a few other things I am going to do other than whats already done to the motor such as...

stage 3 clutch, lightweight flywheel, head bolts, vtec water pump, vtec timing belt, starter, 120 amp alternator, engine mounts, stage 2 or 3 axles, differential (tranny) skunk2 intake manifold, and hondata on board fuel management system (S200)... (AND IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS)

i do not really want to use hondata anymore.. i hear of a lot more free systems.. but i want on board fuel manegment.. for my lap top.. i want to be able to see whats going on.... if i can please get some links to anything that may be use full....

ok now for the list of things done to this motor..

The motor has been fully rebuilt and has no miles on it... It has:

a resurfaced flywheel
polished crank
new main seal
new main bearing
new rod bearing. .040 pistons (OEM)
new rings, machined
bored, honed
new head gasket
milled head 3 angle valve job (valve springs)
skunk 2 dual valve springs
new valves (16)
new seals on top end
new timing belt
new cam seals and O-rings
new water pump gasket
new thermostat and gasket
painted valve cover
head, and block, ecu 90, wiring harness, tranny, clutch (stock and used), axles (stock and used), alternator, power steering, mounts, distributor, new ngk plugs and wires.. Filled with 100% Full synthetic oil and a few more things I am sure...

The guy wants $1100 for this.. SHOULD I BUY IT???? remember I want to turbo it... Can it handle it and could I drive it as a everyday driver at 9 PSI??? Is there anything that I should worry about with this setup with turbo....

Any and all INFO helps........ Thanks for your time....

http://community.webshots.com/...lawEX

Modified by acuraocd at 11:08 AM 4/20/2005

Modified by acuraocd at 7:17 AM 4/21/2005
Old 04-20-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Newbie here.. i need info on bossting a integra (acuraocd)

dude, sounds like you should be ok for what you want. just make sure you tune it really well.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:38 AM

Also.. i just downloaded turboedit... is there a way of getting a jumper for my ecu where i can plug it into my laptop.... if so does anyone have any information for me...

now i also heard bad things about breaking in the motor with sythetic.. should i drain it and put reg. motor oil in it.. the motor has not turned over once.. anyinfo will help...

Old 04-20-2005, 01:50 PM

as far as break in goes, i've heard the same man. I'd just do as you are told and use the regular oil until it's cool. then start using the synthetic. that's just my opinion tho. I figure if that's how the company does then it's probaley not a bad idea to do it the same way. good luck
Old 04-21-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Newbie here.. i need info on bossting a integra (2000turbogsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000turbogsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as far as break in goes, i've heard the same man. I'd just do as you are told and use the regular oil until it's cool. then start using the synthetic. that's just my opinion tho. I figure if that's how the company does then it's probaley not a bad idea to do it the same way. good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea seriously... i think that i should.. but is it going to do any harm if i drain it and then use reg motor oil... what should i use if so.. whats a good weight for breaking in a motor...

IF ANYONES GOT ANY PARTS FORSALE 2 LET ME KNOW!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2005, 08:15 AM

Yeah low 13's and high 12's is possible but it wont happen on the power alone. You will also need a good suspension and some very sticky tires to hook it up. That setup looks like it could take some boost....and yes you can have it around 9-10psi dailly driven. As far as break in goes use non synthetic 5-30 oil.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try Zdyne.com they have a fully tunable EMS systems works awesome and you can stay OBD-0 , only downafall it costs $950
Old 04-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

who uses Zdyne anymore?

TurboEdit baby. 10 psi all day on my high comp mini-me. Cost &lt; $100