Notices

Newbie on Board! K24A2 Turbo Basic questions

Old 06-13-2017, 10:20 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie on Board! K24A2 Turbo Basic questions

Hello Everyone,
I just acquired a k24a2 swapped eg coupe. I would like to turbo the stock motor . I Know these motors are pretty tough stock. question is what do you guys recommend is a safe Psi? Also do you have to change the stock oil pump?
Old 06-14-2017, 08:37 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: K24 questions

Quick answer to this, and the rest you'll need to read the entire FAQs in the Forced Induction section. I'll go ahead and answer these quick basic questions, then you'll need to start searching and looking at other builds and make sure that you state your location (or relative region) in your profile so that we know some general idea of the legalities that you have to understand if your purpose is for street use.

1. You cannot go by psi to determine what is "safe". That answer involves the particular turbocharger size (CFM or lbs/min airflow) that you plan to use, and that's based upon the purpose of the car, as many people tend to purchase and utilize turbochargers that are much too large for their purpose, just because people "want to grow", (which rarely happens).
You go by horsepower to the wheels to understand the limits of the engine. We've seen them go as high as 600whp on high-knock resistant fuel, at its limit.. But I would easily say about 450whp -500whp is about as far as I would personally take this engine. Many will disagree, but I tend to be conservative when it comes to the first-time user. Don't follow the extreme racer with this engine. Please just use good common sense, think about what works best for you, and your needs.

2. The stock oil pump will be fine for the limits of the stock engine. You don't need to change camshafts, cylinder heads, or anything of the like. You have great stroke, rpm range and torque available.
Please just make sure that engine itself has been well-maintained, the install of the swap is solid, etc. .

Now that this has been answered, please check out the grey-highlighted areas at the top of the FI forum.. Welcome to Honda-Tech, and the dark side. I'll move this over now, but please ADD to THIS thread, and don't create another one unless it's for an actual build. Ok?

Thanks, and welcome.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Newbie on Board! K24A2 Turbo Basic questions

Thanks Bro I realized after i posted i was in the wrong area. Im new to the whole forum thing. Alot of great Info on here! I Agree im the more conservative type. Id be happy with 350Hp--400Hp
Old 06-14-2017, 08:58 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Newbie on Board! K24A2 Turbo Basic questions

Originally Posted by K24egcivic
Thanks Bro I realized after i posted i was in the wrong area. Im new to the whole forum thing. Alot of great Info on here! I Agree im the more conservative type. Id be happy with 350Hp--400Hp
You're welcome sir, but please..be specific.. 350hp to the wheels is different than Brake Horsepower. That may mean a different turbocharger to use all together. We go with power to the wheels on this forum, so you must account for it.