ok i have a
92 civic hb cx
t25/w adapterplate
2.5in dp
pieced together ic piping
mazda gt bov
1st gen gsx smic
vortec fmu 12:1

this is the first time i have ever turboed a honda before. and i didnt really know what to expect out of it. but it took me 8hours to peice this kit on. that included me taking off my oil pan and welding it and goin to the parts store to find "t" fittings and other stuff. ok i get it all on the car and check every thing over...and i start the car...runs kinda ruff at first and then it starts running fine....and then it starts to smoke...a lil at first..but after driving it once just around the block there is a whole lot of it. now there is oil coming out of my short dp. come to find out that the oil pressure sensor was not pluged it. . that might be the problem but am not sure cause i pluged it in it never changed.hope its just a hg or something...now the car wants to studder when i push the gas..not even in boost.and smokes like cheech and chong..any idea's ...sorry about the long post but im new and have a few q"s. Please help a new turbo guy out..
Old 10-10-2005, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. FMU = Garbage. Check out PGMFI.org
2. Whats your oil return line look like?

Oil pressure sensor not plugged in won't cause oil to leak everywhere.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ahhh sounds like your turbo is blown.... check inside the charge piping for oil... if there is... time for a new turbo or a rebuild on yours
Old 10-10-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: (.nate)

well i did take apart my charge pipes and there was oil in there..and a lil on the intake side of the turbine housing....but there was a whole lot of oil on the end of my dp..i mean kind of a lot....oil return line looks fine...tiny leak...but its fine...i got pics of the set up if i can ever figure out how to post....i just wish my car would stop smokin so damn much...cause it smokes like *** idling...i dunno
Old 10-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (speedfreakcx-t)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM EJ1 95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> time for a new turbo or a rebuild on yours</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-10-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: (RACEPAK)

check oil return line is big enough and that the feed line is not too big. Is this turbo new?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: (adseguy)

im about done with turbo already....again i got a new turbo (t3) then put it all together and made all hard intercooler piping and everything,better downpipe..and its all boggin like crap n ****. it dies everytime i let off the gas...but sometimes u can ease it up in to the rpms while driving and u can stomp it and it runs half *** good. but it starts bogin at the start of another gear..maybe its the cx tranny...or maybe i just need to sell my turbo kit for nos...30shot...would an automatic computer make ne difference as to how the car runs....and would it produce a check engine light? ne help appreciated...im about to go balistic on my car...24 straight fabricating stuff again....all for nothin so far...
Old 10-15-2005, 10:47 PM

bump to tha top to help figure out whats wrong with my car...i want to boost!..i also need an ex tranny...
Old 10-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How has the car been tuned that you are punchin it?? I had a very similar problem on my old turbo (an old rajay) and it was the seals. If you say your turbo was brand new then I don't know if that would be likely. How much feed psi does the turbo manufacturer suggest?? Check the oil return like was stated earlier and then check the feed pressure. And for God sake tune it before you really get on it!

Edit: Lose that fmu, get crome or uber and get it tuned correctly. GL.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: (KeyserSoze)

...checked timing on car and its good..i still have a cel..and the car wants to studder and any load in lower rpms..i mean i have tha cx and it takes a lot go get goin in first and its wanting to studder and crap..which ecu was supposed to come on the cx...cause i have a p06...maybe thats the reason..there than that i cant think of ne thing cause i just replaced the coil..may need new sparkplug wires or something....ne idea's..im willing to try ne thing to get my car runnin...
Old 10-17-2005, 07:14 PM

bump...car still boggin a lil....i checked the timing and it was good...i clocked the distributer almost all the way towards the windsheild..and it runs with just the slightest bit of studder...mainly in first when u take off....i dont know what could be wrong with it.....
Old 10-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think i know what the problem is...first off i want to tell u your engine is short lived without proper fuel managment FMU is not fuel mangment. Do u have anything to prevent the map sensor from reading boost? u need a missing link/ck valve, if u got a real engine managment u wouldnt need a ck valve.

the ECU dosent know what to do with that funny voltage reading its gettin from the map sensor so it throws a ck engine light and runs like ***...just like u describe..so get uberdata or something..GL
Old 10-18-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: (B20luda)

yeah i used check valves....also the cel was on when it was ne...ever since i got that car running its had the check engine light on...the car had a burned ecu when i bought it and i put the p06 ecu on it and it started but the cel was on...have yet to figure out what that it. when i start the car it takes maybe 1full second for the cel to come on...
Old 10-18-2005, 06:30 PM

to tha top! ...also the ecu that my car had on it(that was burned) was a p05....prolly need to get ecu huh?..
Old 10-19-2005, 07:44 AM

morning bump! ne one have ne idea?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.nate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .nate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. FMU = Garbage. Check out PGMFI.org
2. Whats your oil return line look like?

Oil pressure sensor not plugged in won't cause oil to leak everywhere.</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. The FMU is whats causing to your car to studder most likely

2. You oil return is most likely the source of your turbo smoking, (it has to be short as possible, and CANNOT bend upward at all, even the slightest bend will cause your turbo to smoke, and your seals will eventually blow and your turbo will puke oil everywhere).

3. P06 is the correct ecu for your car.

4. Pull your damn CEL and see what it is. There is a 2 pin connector down by where your ecu plugs in; Jumper it and turn the key to the "on" position and count the CEL flashes. Long blinks are tens position, short blinks are ones position (i.e.XXX XXX XXX = 3x, followed by X X X X, would = 34)

5. Report back
Old 10-27-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: (Unsivil_audio)

update on mutt turbo....i have it running now...runs great on a whoping 5lbs of boost. no studdering or ne thing...i had to adjust timing at dizzy..but it runs great now...next step is greddy blue box and 310injectors. but for now im the only turbo around for nearly 100miles ....still need to find out what the cel is tho

o and by the way i have the fmu installed also...
Old 11-03-2005, 11:58 PM

another update on tha project.....well i was driving to a freinds house to work on his 91 si hatch...and all of a sudden i smell antifreeze!...i look down at my gauges and it was alll the way up on the red line....(this was at like 7 in tha morning...and hadnt hit boost at all,..just as i almost have a heartatack trying to get it off the road quick enough....pooof...lots of white smoke everywhere and coolant everywhere...just ripped it apart..bent two valves and smoked 3 of tha 4 sets of piston rings.. have another project already in tha makes so ill be back boostin soon
edit: thermostate sensor was faulty and was not switching on coolant fans