Notices

new too the turbo game

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new too the turbo game

First off im a all motor guy so bare with me ...Well since gas prices shoot up i thought i would try something new since my beast of a motor isnt going in til gas is somewhat cheaper...i have a 94 cx eg,motor just hit 100,000 still in prefect condition..i picked up all new turbo parts for dirt cheap.The newest obx manifold,xs power t3 turbo,fmic,greddy turbo timer,and a NOS tank that i will be selling for more parts..i still need a 38mm wastegate w/ 10psi spring,450cc injectors piping,plugs and wires etc etc..now my plan is too boost 6-7lbs on a completly stock cx motor,for daliy driving purpose,no track use what so ever....why im boosting a stock motor ?....i rather blow up a 300$ dollar motor vs a b-series..will i run into major problems running this much on a stock cx motor or should i do a d15b or a d16z6...i will be searching more in the mean time ... all comments welcome
Old 09-05-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: new too the turbo game (ALL_MOTOR_EG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ALL_MOTOR_EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i picked up all new turbo parts for dirt cheap.The newest obx manifold,xs power t3 turbo,fmic,greddy turbo timer,and a NOS tank that i will be selling for more parts..</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well, since you said all comments welcome I will be nice-- GET RID OF THE SORRY *** MANIFOLD AND TURBO OBX and XS power are ****, its that simple. Sell them along with the nitrous bottle, and get anything else you can find other than those brands(and SSAutochrome).
Old 09-06-2005, 04:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new too the turbo game (TurboCoop)

i know the manifold is **** but im not going to be boosting no more than 7lbs so it should be fine..as for the turbo what is bad about this one ..it is brand new btw and was pretty much given too me so i cant complain but if i payed for it i'd be pissed
Old 09-06-2005, 06:09 AM

I had the SSAC manifold and ran 7lbs on it for about 3 months, when I took it off there were hairline cracks all over it, and I condsider that good job for that manifold. Ive heard of people on here who had it and the dump tube elbow broke off and the wastegate flew under the car, theres a thread on here with the XS power turbo where the compressor housing SPLIT IN HALF, because it was glued together from the "factory"(probably a shack in Asia somewhere). You can use the manifold, only for a short time, but when it breaks you will have to get a different DP, and maybe a new lower charge pipe. It would save you a lot of trouble just to get a new manifold and turbo right now. Just sell those as a combo on ebay for like $300, some little kid will buy them
Old 09-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: new too the turbo game (TurboCoop)

the manifolds break... hope you like picking up your wastegate off of the highway and the turbos develop shaft lpay within a few minutes of running, blow oil seals and chew up compressor wheels
Old 09-06-2005, 08:15 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ALL_MOTOR_EG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know the manifold is **** but im not going to be boosting no more than 7lbs so it should be fine..as for the turbo what is bad about this one ..it is brand new btw and was pretty much given too me so i cant complain but if i payed for it i'd be pissed</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, this says it all. Just know that if you go cheap the first time you end up spending way more in the long run. 7psi or 17psi, moving parts are moving parts and still break if they are shitty moving parts no matter how you use them. Sacrificing everything else just because you THINK it should be ok is just not smart and is tested time and time again and proven to be the wrong thought process.

Edit: And chances are if you go through with what you are saying in less than a month you will be back to all motor because "turbo Honda's are not reliable".
Old 09-06-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: new too the turbo game (pkoury)

sell anything from ssauto. they have the shittiest products out there fosho! i had one of their manifolds to, sorry to say.. but i did. that bitch cracked on me about 5 times in different areas, and had to reweld.. remember this all happenned within about a month and a half. they have shitty customer service too, *** those bitches. and their turbos are known to blow oil seals very fast... that guy is right... there are numerous threads on their shitty products... hahaha i read that one about how the compressor was glued together, that one was very memorable. anyways, good luck on going turb. youll never wanna go back once u feel boost!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new too the turbo game (bnut510)

sweet ..good thing i asked before going any further...just going to order a revhard on lovefab manifold.as for turbo im picking up a garrett t25