Notices

New to Superchargers on the H22: Hmmm..where to start on my questions.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New to Superchargers on the H22: Hmmm..where to start on my questions.

Ok thank you for the info. I got the green and black fuel pump and I will get that relay kit too to go with it. Another question I have is, is there a revised version of this supercharger kit? The guy I bought this kit from bought from someone else and said that the revised kit doesn't use the alternator plate. I'm wondering if that's true and if not do I need the alternator plate to run the kit? I only have the bottom support bracket and not the plate. Sorry I keep asking a lot of questions I just wanna learn as much as can about this setup so I'll have a clear idea on what to do
Old 03-19-2019, 07:38 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: New to Superchargers on the H22: Hmmm..where to start on my questions.

Originally Posted by thatguyjade
Ok thank you for the info. I got the green and black fuel pump and I will get that relay kit too to go with it. Another question I have is, is there a revised version of this supercharger kit? The guy I bought this kit from bought from someone else and said that the revised kit doesn't use the alternator plate. I'm wondering if that's true and if not do I need the alternator plate to run the kit? I only have the bottom support bracket and not the plate. Sorry I keep asking a lot of questions I just wanna learn as much as can about this setup so I'll have a clear idea on what to do
you'll need to contact the manufacturer directly
Old 03-19-2019, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 793 Likes on 733 Posts

Ummm... nope. The seller is full of excrement. All JRSC H22 supercharger kits utilized the alternator spacer bracket to help stabilize the primary belt drive. It is unlikely that Moss would have any of these left in stock but I would try there first. If you get no joy there, a global internet search is next... but also a long shot. You will likely have to make one. Good luck.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by motoxxxman
Yup, those will work. The fuel pump harness is a little misleading though. They claim it will bump fuel pump voltage up to 14.15 volts. This is false, it does not amplify voltage to the fuel pump. It will send whatever voltage the charging system has to your fuel pump. So if the car only has 13.7 volts, the fuel pump will see 13.7 volts. It is a quality harness though, and truly plug and play. I suggest bolting the power wire to the battery though, not the fusebox.
So your saying there false advertising?.. I highly doubt that, He clearly states this on his website,

This is the BEST assisting upgrade to your fuel system money can buy! Our fuel pump upgrade harness steps up your regulated fuel pump voltage to 14.5V increasing your fuel flow by nearly 15% without any additional modifications.

Equipped with TRUE 12 AWG wire and sealed fuse/relayed connections you safely and effectively prepare your car for the high horsepower and reliability you desire.

Our kit attaches directly to your under hood fuse box to pick up a new voltage signal and run it back to your fuel pump

Old 03-20-2019, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
So your saying there false advertising?.. I highly doubt that, He clearly states this on his website,

This is the BEST assisting upgrade to your fuel system money can buy! Our fuel pump upgrade harness steps up your regulated fuel pump voltage to 14.5V increasing your fuel flow by nearly 15% without any additional modifications.

Equipped with TRUE 12 AWG wire and sealed fuse/relayed connections you safely and effectively prepare your car for the high horsepower and reliability you desire.

Our kit attaches directly to your under hood fuse box to pick up a new voltage signal and run it back to your fuel pump
Yes, I read the entire thing. And yes, it is false/misleading advertising. There is nothing in that kit to amplify voltage above battery voltage. Whatever the car's voltage is at is what the fuel pump will see.
That kit is nothing more than a relay, power and trigger wires, and an oem plug for the fuel pump sender. Same as all other fuel pump relay kits.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and what's this company your speaking of. I'm looking for something direct plug and play. I'm not a wiz at wiring
Old 03-20-2019, 04:36 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

I thought that sounded wrong. I mean, put a meter across the battery terminals while the engine is running and you're going to see 13.8 - 14.3 V. That's because the alternator is providing power to the system, regardless of where you tap into the charging circuit at.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and what's this company your speaking of. I'm looking for something direct plug and play. I'm not a wiz at wiring
I posted the link above from Burton Racing
Old 03-20-2019, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, I read the entire thing. And yes, it is false/misleading advertising. There is nothing in that kit to amplify voltage above battery voltage. Whatever the car's voltage is at is what the fuel pump will see.
That kit is nothing more than a relay, power and trigger wires, and an oem plug for the fuel pump sender. Same as all other fuel pump relay kits.
Burton responded with this response, not saying your wrong just posting what Burton sent me in response, He also threw in a discount for us which ill be taking advantage of when I purchase this kit

"Absolutely Wunfstgsr, we also want to give a big thank you for looking out and you can post this screen shot or quote to the forum. We did not mean to confuse or post any false claim via our product description, and like every other company we used the best case scenario when we advertised this product. This kit is NOT a step up converter, the phrase "step up to" was not used to mis communicate this kit it is simply phrasing your "regulated" 12v source gets stepped up, increased, gained, etc. The general consensus is correct, the battery voltage your car has when charging is what will be feeding the fuel pump. The voltage at YOUR battery is most certainly a case by case basis and is based on the operation of YOUR individual car and components. When we tested this kit on the MANY cars at our shop, testing showed in general a 14.2 to 14.6 voltage reading at the fuel pump connection. This once again is going to be directly related to many factors for each person such as the alternator condition, alternator charging rpm and discharge regulation, battery size and condition, wiring alterations for power or ground as well as immediate battery consumption with the car running. Please do not over look the fact that this kit is still upgrading the physical wiring as instructed by many aftermarket fuel pump manufacturers and the fact that you will still see a typical 2 volt increase to the fuel pumps voltage. The half a volt or so you might be missing from our advertised measurement is due to the application the kit was installed on and should not be a reflection as an "average". Under our description for this specific product there is a full description AND video of installation where we even have a volt meter out to show the increase at the pump. Burton Racing would love to extend a welcoming discount to all the users in the thread simply use discount code "10PERCENT" at check out for 10% off! Thank you!"
Old 03-21-2019, 02:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Burton responded with this response, not saying your wrong just posting what Burton sent me in response, He also threw in a discount for us which ill be taking advantage of when I purchase this kit
"Absolutely Wunfstgsr, we also want to give a big thank you for looking out and you can post this screen shot or quote to the forum. We did not mean to confuse or post any false claim via our product description, and like every other company we used the best case scenario when we advertised this product. This kit is NOT a step up converter, the phrase "step up to" was not used to mis communicate this kit it is simply phrasing your "regulated" 12v source gets stepped up, increased, gained, etc. The general consensus is correct, the battery voltage your car has when charging is what will be feeding the fuel pump. The voltage at YOUR battery is most certainly a case by case basis and is based on the operation of YOUR individual car and components. When we tested this kit on the MANY cars at our shop, testing showed in general a 14.2 to 14.6 voltage reading at the fuel pump connection. This once again is going to be directly related to many factors for each person such as the alternator condition, alternator charging rpm and discharge regulation, battery size and condition, wiring alterations for power or ground as well as immediate battery consumption with the car running. Please do not over look the fact that this kit is still upgrading the physical wiring as instructed by many aftermarket fuel pump manufacturers and the fact that you will still see a typical 2 volt increase to the fuel pumps voltage. The half a volt or so you might be missing from our advertised measurement is due to the application the kit was installed on and should not be a reflection as an "average". Under our description for this specific product there is a full description AND video of installation where we even have a volt meter out to show the increase at the pump. Burton Racing would love to extend a welcoming discount to all the users in the thread simply use discount code "10PERCENT" at check out for 10% off! Thank you!"
I like their response. It shows honesty, and quality customer service. I would support them simply for that statement *thumbup*

To clarify, using an aftermarket fuel pump on stock fuel pump wiring usually causes a voltage DROP at the pump, due to the stock wiring being smaller than what can supply the correct current to the pump. So installing a harness kit with larger wiring and relay eliminates the voltage drop and allows the fuel pump to see actual battery voltage. Hence the use of "step up" used in the description. It's not stepping up the voltage, it's just eliminating the voltage drop, aka stepping the voltage up to battery voltage where it should be. The "15% increase in flow" is in fact an accurate statement as a general average, when compared to using an aftermarket pump on the stock fuel pump wiring.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts

To clarify, using an aftermarket fuel pump on stock fuel pump wiring usually causes a voltage DROP at the pump, due to the stock wiring being smaller than what can supply the correct current to the pump.
This is noted by the fuel pump "whine" fluctuating when you add load to the electrical system while the car is running; i.e. turning on the headlights or blinker?
Old 03-21-2019, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey I was wondering if anyone had any blue prints of the alternator spacer or know the demensions to it or at least know how thick the plate is? I'm thinking of getting one fabricated
Old 03-22-2019, 03:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Txdragon
This is noted by the fuel pump "whine" fluctuating when you add load to the electrical system while the car is running; i.e. turning on the headlights or blinker?
Yes that would be one indication, though when that happens it's more an indication of system voltage fluctuating, not just pump draw
Old 03-22-2019, 03:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey I was wondering if anyone had any blue prints of the alternator spacer or know the demensions to it or at least know how thick the plate is? I'm thinking of getting one fabricated
Join the facebook groups "HONDA PRELUDE" and "H-Series" and ask there. You'll have a much better chance of getting what you're looking for
Old 03-24-2019, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like their response. It shows honesty, and quality customer service. I would support them simply for that statement *thumbup*

To clarify, using an aftermarket fuel pump on stock fuel pump wiring usually causes a voltage DROP at the pump, due to the stock wiring being smaller than what can supply the correct current to the pump. So installing a harness kit with larger wiring and relay eliminates the voltage drop and allows the fuel pump to see actual battery voltage. Hence the use of "step up" used in the description. It's not stepping up the voltage, it's just eliminating the voltage drop, aka stepping the voltage up to battery voltage where it should be. The "15% increase in flow" is in fact an accurate statement as a general average, when compared to using an aftermarket pump on the stock fuel pump wiring.
Yes I agree, they are very helpful and have great service. I just ordered my harness the other day and the 10% off was a great save! any $ saved is $ SAVED! Its very ironic because I shared the link to the fuel pump harness from Burton to a friend of mine a few weeks back who has a built turbo Integra, he went last night for a retune on more boost and the tune was aborted do to the voltage on his fuel pump dropping at high rpm and boost according to the Tuner, the tune will continue once he installs this harness and he might chime in and share his experience.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Another question I got is the butterfly runners? Do I keep them or delete them?
Old 04-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also what's the torque specs the supercharger and parts that go with it?
Old 04-04-2019, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 793 Likes on 733 Posts

Another question I got is the butterfly runners? Do I keep them or delete them?
Nope, they are removed.

Also what's the torque specs the supercharger and parts that go with it?
6mm bolts (10mm head) are 8 ft/lbs., 8mm bolts (12mm head) are 16 ft/lbs., and 10mm bolts (14mm head) are 33 ft/lbs. The three AHCS bolts that fasten the top of the tensioner/drive plate to the jack-shaft assembly are torqued to 6 ft/lbs.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Will I be alright running the id850 injectors on my stock h22 sc setup or do I have to run the id1050 injectors?
Old 04-10-2019, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Will I be alright running the id850 injectors on my stock h22 sc setup or do I have to run the id1050 injectors?
850's are large enough, but they are not e85 compatible. So you may develop some issues over time with them
Old 04-10-2019, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So the injector dynamics 850's aren't e85 compatible?
Old 04-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So the injector dynamics 850's aren't e85 compatible?
No they are not. They are also discontinued, have been for a while now. Mainly because the new e85 compatible ID1050x's are so friggin good and very fairly priced