Notices

New SSautochrome tsunami race manifold, any better than older styles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 07:46 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SSautochrome tsunami race manifold, any better than older styles?

anyone using this manifold ? any better quality than older one?
Old 01-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New SSautochrome tsunami race manifold, any better than older styles? (tannerLSt)

I have one that I aquired, Ive actually had 4-5 people that weld look at it and they all commented on how nice the welds were and how good of quality it looked. I also had 3 guys at a pro race shop look at it and they thought it was of good quality also. I guess the true test would be to use it and find out but I havent gotten around to that yet. Im sure if i use it I will put a brace from the block to the turbo to hold up the weight, and ill use the hanger on the back of the engine to support the downpipe. I know alot of people dont like ss but they been real nice when Ive delt with them. theyve given me free shipping on everything Ive orderd from them also, cause Im like 15 min. from theyre shop/warehouse. or whatever it is. my .02
Old 01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

yeah i picked up the manifold and down pipe from someone for $150, anyone else
Old 01-13-2006, 10:01 PM

Default Re: New SSautochrome tsunami race manifold, any better than older styles? (5THGENSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5THGENSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have one that I aquired, Ive actually had 4-5 people that weld look at it and they all commented on how nice the welds were and how good of quality it looked. I also had 3 guys at a pro race shop look at it and they thought it was of good quality also. I guess the true test would be to use it and find out but I havent gotten around to that yet. Im sure if i use it I will put a brace from the block to the turbo to hold up the weight, and ill use the hanger on the back of the engine to support the downpipe. I know alot of people dont like ss but they been real nice when Ive delt with them. theyve given me free shipping on everything Ive orderd from them also, cause Im like 15 min. from theyre shop/warehouse. or whatever it is. my .02</TD></TR></TABLE>

heheh i'd be weary what kinda " pro race" shops you got in your area.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:07 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

i think i'm gonna take the manifold to Tony1 since he's very very close and see what he thinks
Old 01-13-2006, 10:08 PM

Default Re: (tannerLSt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tannerLSt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think i'm gonna take the manifold to Tony1 since he's very very close and see what he thinks</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think thats a great idea. if anything i know tony can build you some pretty sick brackets to make it last longer
Old 01-13-2006, 10:25 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

no one has personally used one
Old 01-14-2006, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New SSautochrome tsunami race manifold, any better than older styles? (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

heheh i'd be weary what kinda " pro race" shops you got in your area. </TD></TR></TABLE>

what the hell is that supposed to mean? the shop I went to has been their for well over twenty years building race engines and selling performance parts, their not some fly by night hole in the wall bullshit import only shop. their direct with almost all the major manufacturers and just built a new two level shop , with a showroom the size of most peoples houses, and a machine shop about 3x the size of the showroom. give em a call, ask for jason 919-552-9615.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So is it worth buying a whole turbo kit from them with there new style manifold?
Old 01-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (J1A1H)

each person that buys any products from any of these style companies is putting the sport compact industry as a whole one step closer to not being around anymore.

Old 01-14-2006, 08:06 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: New SSautochrome tsunami race manifold, any better than older styles? (5THGENSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5THGENSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what the hell is that supposed to mean? the shop I went to has been their for well over twenty years building race engines and selling performance parts, their not some fly by night hole in the wall bullshit import only shop. their direct with almost all the major manufacturers and just built a new two level shop , with a showroom the size of most peoples houses, and a machine shop about 3x the size of the showroom. give em a call, ask for jason 919-552-9615.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what shop are you talking about?

Old 01-14-2006, 08:15 AM

Default Re: (Turbo-charged)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">each person that buys any products from any of these style companies is putting the sport compact industry as a whole one step closer to not being around anymore.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats utter bullshit. look how many knock off companies there are for v8 performance parts. The only thing it will do is force big name companies to stop selling their parts for 6 times what they're worth.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:51 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (91civicDXdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civicDXdude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats utter bullshit. look how many knock off companies there are for v8 performance parts. The only thing it will do is force big name companies to stop selling their parts for 6 times what they're worth.</TD></TR></TABLE>

or forces them to come out with BETTER parts

no matter WHAT kind of buisness you get...it's good buisness..whether from a "knock off " company to a "name brand" one....each forces the other to evolve and that's good
Old 01-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civicDXdude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats utter bullshit. look how many knock off companies there are for v8 performance parts. The only thing it will do is force big name companies to stop selling their parts for 6 times what they're worth.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats cool....if your up for paying some kid in china 50 cents to build your manifold out of some bullshit materials go for it. odds are the people building your manifolds dont even know what it is that they are making. i'd much rather give my money to somebody here in the USA that actually gives a **** about the product they are making.

there is nothing anybody can say to make me feel otherwise
Old 01-14-2006, 09:25 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats cool....if your up for paying some kid in china 50 cents to build your manifold out of some bullshit materials go for it. odds are the people building your manifolds dont even know what it is that they are making. i'd much rather give my money to somebody here in the USA that actually gives a **** about the product they are making.

there is nothing anybody can say to make me feel otherwise </TD></TR></TABLE>

Goddamn thats American
Old 01-14-2006, 09:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats cool....if your up for paying some kid in china 50 cents to build your manifold out of some bullshit materials go for it. odds are the people building your manifolds dont even know what it is that they are making. i'd much rather give my money to somebody here in the USA that actually gives a **** about the product they are making.

i am very comfortable buying a product that is made by someone making horrible wages in a foreign country. unless you've been living under a rock for 40 years, you'd realize that is the american way

you cant blame the chinese for industrializing an industry. Making products in a factory environment is not only cheap, but its also efficient.

There are many high end luxury cars that are hand built and ultimately reflect that in their price, but it doesnt mean that factory made mass produced "units" dont get you from point A to B, only in less style.

If your up for paying some guy in so-cal $950 to build your manifold with good ol' american pride and robotic tigs, go for it
Old 01-14-2006, 09:46 AM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

my guess is that tony will say not to use it, i just feel so wierd about using a cheap mani a the set up i'm going with
Old 01-14-2006, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

done deal
Old 01-14-2006, 09:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well i guess if you are sooo against buying products from other countries, why do you have an import car ? i guess i look at it this way, the better the companies get at making their products, the more people are gonna copy and try to compare their product with someone elses. Its all about evolution of the products to me and if it takes a knock off company to make the other brand name products to become better, im all for it.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:52 AM

Default Re: (civicliveit)

Joe, the more you post, the more I like you. You're a great American.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civicliveit)

im not against imported things........hell look at electronics....america just can't keep up.

i am against cheap *** companies ripping off little 13 year old girls to weld manifolds so that they can make a million dollars a day and not have to lift a finger.

i was actually working with a guy/company on a diesel truck doing some fabrication stuff for him......i guess he slipped up and told me that he was going to be sending out what i was fabbing to have it mass producted in the oh so famous low grade polished stainless steel so he could obviously sell it back here in the states for a huge proffit. i instantly stopped what i was doing and told him i wanted no part in it. why should i bust my *** making something so that it can be coppied and somebody else makes all the proffit for my work? no thanks.

some of the fab guys here are using similiar designs to other people's stuff....but atleast they are using these designs themselves to make something.....not ship it over seas and have somebody else do the dirty work.

have you ever sat down and made a start to finish estimate with an indiviual price of every component of a turbo kit? it takes a long time to do so. on top of all of that time that you spent.....did you sit down and explain to the customer what every part of the kit does b/c the customer wasnt sure? +1 for more time there. and after spending so much time with one person....have you ever had them come back to you with an SSautocrap turbo kit in the trunk of their car and think that they got the best deal in the world? and have you ever had to see the look on that same kids face when his turbo falls off of his car......and he comes back to you practically with tears in his eyes and says "you were right" and he then realises that his oh so good of a deal was the worst investment ever because now he has to replace everything?

Old 01-14-2006, 10:51 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> why should i bust my *** making something so that it can be coppied and somebody else makes all the proffit for my work? </TD></TR></TABLE>

because that's how buisness works
Old 01-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bottom line is you get what u pay for

I been through it all and I will not buy ssautochrome stuff ever. I tried tried it before and it was more headache than I needed. I'm not against importing stuff and I'm not against usa made stuff. However I will not spend $1200 on a manifold when I can get one for $800 with somewhat similar qualities.

I just purchased a top mount for $500 that took the person into 9's. If he can go into 9's with the manifold he made himself why should I go spending $1200 on one.

SSAUTOCHROME is garbage and I dont care what anyone says. I'm saying this cause I've already used their products.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:15 AM
* B A N N E D *

you can get one for $400ish if you go to hotrex for one
Old 01-14-2006, 01:49 PM
ME LOVE U LONG TIME

who is hot rex

Quick Reply: New SSautochrome tsunami race manifold, any better than older styles?