Notices

new install of Drag Gen 2 on 92 GS-R...long but please read

Old 10-14-2001, 11:08 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new install of Drag Gen 2 on 92 GS-R...long but please read

HEllo everyone...my name's corey and im new to the board...i have a 1992 acura integra GS-R that i just got a DRAG Gen 2 turbo system installed...ive been reading what's been on the board but this is my first post...
i had a 95 eclipse turbo that had a 16G turbo which ran a 13.2@108 on street tires (fwd)...that car was totalled and now i have a 92 acura integra GS-R...it's actually my second one because the first one was totalled from a rearend collision, which i bought back from my insurance company for 250 bucks (everything on the car has been taken apart and the shell scrapped) everything was good including motor, transmission only thing messed up was the body front and back (sandwiched)...anyway here's what's been done to my car...
Drag gen 2 turbo system, autometer boost and air/fuel gauge, in-line pro headgasket, HKS wastegate and blow-off valve, clutchmaster stage IV, LS transmission, thermal R&D 3" exhaust, V-AFC...
here is some stuff i have to install still...3" test pipe, MSD ignition, MSD blaster coil, MSD distributor cap, magnecore wires, a'pexi turbo timer and that's pretty much it...
i have heard VERY good things about importparts.com but i did NOT order my turbo system from IMPORTPARTS.COM and i REALLY regret that...i only ordered elsewhere because i hadn't heard the good stuff until after i had already ordered my kit...first off it took me over ONE WHOLE YEAR to get my turbo kit, then when i got it my upper intercooler pipe wasn't the right one (it couldn't have been it wasn't even close to the right fitment)...it had to be cut an rewelded to make it work...i couldn't get in contact with DRAG and the shop where i ordered it from was NO help at all...that's a whole other story, i will NEVER EVER order from this shop again...it took forever and i was lied to from one end to the other and not only that i was sold some things with the idea they were something else (i.e. buy this one thing and it's something TOTALLY different and pay the top dollar amount)...anyway i won't go into all of that, just remember IMPORTPARTS.COM is the place to do business...
ANYWAY...i finally got the kit installed from a local shop...they did an EXCELLENT job from what it looks like...here's the thing tho...it will only boost up to about 2.5-3psi...i guess i need a boost controller (couldn't get out what spring was in the wastegate because that shop i told you about didn't know either)...my friend has the same car as i and we raced (his is NOS'ed)...without NOS i beat him pretty easy even at such little boost (his car runs high 14s off the bottle)...when he sprayed the tables were turned tho...his car runs low 14s on a zex kit...no doubt with some boost i'll lace him...probably gonna keep my boost around 8-10psi for the street...does this sound ok? what kind of boost controller do you guys recommend??? i am gonna go with the turboxs economical kit for now...importparts.com has it for like 70 bucks and sounds like a quick easy way to up the boost but probably done the road gonna do something like the AVC-R...
WELL i am new to turbo honda's i need to know from those who know what i need to do to keep my car as reliable as possible and what makes turbo honda's fast...one day i will build the motor up but aside from that what is there??? Thnx....
Corey
Old 10-14-2001, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new install of Drag Gen 2 on 92 GS-R...long but please read (B17aTURBO)

hello corey, just wondering if mike and shawn @pd.net did the install? They are good guys. Ill be on the lookout for the gs-r, wanna race? Zach
Old 10-14-2001, 04:26 PM
New User

Default Re: new install of Drag Gen 2 on 92 GS-R...long but please read (B17aTURBO)

haha yeah...shawn and mike did the work...what's up? which car is yours??? see ya around...later.
Corey
Old 10-14-2001, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The people who installed your kit, did they figure out a way to put an air filter on your turbo, just curious as I will be doing the install shortly.
Old 10-16-2001, 05:14 PM
New User

yeah we are working on something...as of yet i have no filter...the battery was moved to the trunk and we are gonna figure out a way to have the filter finish where the battery used to be...
Corey
Old 10-16-2001, 06:26 PM
Trial User

Cool another G2 turbo owner.. I drive a 92 LS with a B16 and a custom turbo...

send me an e-mail if you have any questions regardiing the G2s... i do ALL my work.. here is a link to my car...
http://66.69.193.189:82/hassan/
Old 10-16-2001, 07:46 PM
Corr Performance Pilot

Default Re: new install of Drag Gen 2 on 92 GS-R...long but please read (Hassan)

Cool another G2 turbo owner.. I drive a 92 LS with a B16 and a custom turbo...

send me an e-mail if you have any questions regardiing the G2s... i do ALL my work.. here is a link to my car...
http://66.69.193.189:82/hassan/
And he's DAMN good at doing his own work... Just don't let him near the electronics! ehehhehe!
Old 10-17-2001, 06:46 AM
Trial User

Default Re: new install of Drag Gen 2 on 92 GS-R...long but please read (MouhadIb)

I don't like electronics hehehehhe

Mechenics is fine by me
Old 10-17-2001, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: new install of Drag Gen 2 on 92 GS-R...long but please read (Hassan)

Congrats on the turbo corey, I have a 93 GS-R that I toyed with the thought of Turbo-ing... I'm selling it now though