Notices

New Impreza WRX owner, Many rookie Questions need tons of help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 09:40 PM
New User

Location: Witty Comment....., Stunning Response...., Follow Up Gag.....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Impreza WRX owner, Many rookie Questions need tons of help

Ok First things first what does everyone think of this car?
After it is broken in what kind of oil should I use? Red Line? And what weight?
What is a good turbo boost controller? Apexi AVC-R?
And is there anything else I should know?
I don't plan on making a race-car just making it a little quicker so to surprise an un suspectin mustang or camaro or something.
Thanks
Old 07-10-2001, 09:48 PM
New User

Location: Witty Comment....., Stunning Response...., Follow Up Gag.....
Default Re: New Impreza WRX owner, Many rookie Questions need tons of help (BOO YEAH)

Also if anyone knows a good place to get parts that would be great
Old 07-10-2001, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Impreza WRX owner, Many rookie Questions need tons of help (BOO YEAH)

what I would do first is get rid of all of those damn catalytic converters that subaru squeezed under there. Man, there must be like 5 of them....After that, get a larger, more efficient exhaust. Then crank up the boost a little...you can turn it up from the wastegate actuator or whatever you call it.
Old 07-10-2001, 10:31 PM
New User

It's a great car the WRX is. Having no seat time though, I can't comment on it more than that.

As far as upgrades go, be on the lookout for a chip directly from Subaru which should up the ponies to about 250-270hp. I'd start there, since the wastegate is computer controlled, and the chip will take care of any additional fueling needs. The motor is very strong, no need to worry about it, but the factory 5 speed will give way somewhere along 300hp - proven. The only upgrade for that is a japan only STi 6 speed trans - a mere 6k

I hate to refer members away from this forum, but I'd recommend to you http://www.i-club.com as they specialize in your car. Happy boosting
Old 07-11-2001, 03:52 AM

Hey BOO U said:
I don't plan on making a race-car just making it a little quicker so to surprise an un suspectin mustang or camaro or something.
Thanks
Mustangs and Camaros in Afganistan? It is actually stupid to post misinformation, we cannot help U if where U live dont have what U need, if U live in the US state that, we dont want to come to your house to visit, I am just saying if U want the best possible help, give accurate information!
Old 07-11-2001, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Impreza WRX owner, Many rookie Questions need tons of help (Liltrix)

Did anybody get that? No copy, say again, over.
Old 07-11-2001, 06:12 AM
New User

Default Re: New Impreza WRX owner, Many rookie Questions need tons of help (Liltrix)

HUH? I didn't get it! ??????????????????
Old 07-11-2001, 07:08 AM

Default Re: New Impreza WRX owner, Many rookie Questions need tons of help (4rcefed)

Ok guys I know U probably think I am crazy, but before I post a response I always check where these guys are from so I can give a response that actually helps their particular locale, If U were to check his profile he said he is from Afganistan. Just click on his name and go to the profile.
Old 07-11-2001, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok First things first what does everyone think of this car?
After it is broken in what kind of oil should I use? Red Line? And what weight?
What is a good turbo boost controller? Apexi AVC-R?
And is there anything else I should know?
Thanks
First off, I like it.
Don't really know about the oil
I don't care what anyone says - you can't beat a blitz Dual SBC
I agree with what someone else said about opening the exhaust via removing all the cats.

EBC and exhaust and maybe putting a nice air filter/tube on there should really make that car whoop some booty.
Old 07-11-2001, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Impreza WRX owner, Many rookie Questions need tons of help (Reverend)

these cars come factory detuned as most of us know. The chip upgade and the new STI upgrades should be readily available next year.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:38 AM
New User

Default Re: New Impreza WRX owner, Many rookie Questions need tons of help (b18bturbo)

how heavy are these guys? it seems like they'd be able to hang with a previous generation GT or Z28 pretty easily. I'd get the chip like vap said, and look into a turbo upgrade, i hear the turbo is pretty maxed out from the factory (isn't stock boost like 12lbs or something?). Also, what's the stock exhaust pipe diameter? you might want to look into that too.

later,
zack
Old 07-12-2001, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Impreza WRX owner, Many rookie Questions need tons of help (radiac)

could he in the mean time swap in a JDM sti ecu? or are they incompatible. I'd like to see one in the 13's with less than $1000's.