Notices

New to Honda FI, need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Honda FI, need some advice.

I am coming from the WRX crowed (I own a low 13 sec WRX) and am interested in turbocharged Hondas. I have heard a great deal of people and met one guy in particular that has a HB Civic with a GSR motor and not sure about the tranny pushing 350+ hp and can trap at 120MPH. I was very suprised since I dont see many Civics around my area with these kinda *****. It got my interested in the car and performance potential with the gsr motor. Since these cars are so light I assume they can pull pretty hard with hp 250 or greater. I was wonder if you guys could point me in the right direction on how to produce one of these monsters. My goal is to reach run mid 11's with the car, so I assume 400 whp and assuming the car weights around 2300 lbs it could get me there. What would your guys recomendation on the type of car platform, engine, tranny, suspension, etc to use to reach this goal? Thanks for the help!
Old 06-03-2003, 01:03 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New to Honda FI, need some advice. (Two_Ton_Tammy)

Money Pit....but seriuosly
I think the best plat form would be a gsr w/ a type-r tranny. Well a built GSR or if you can get a type-r I like the numbers on those but it's very expensive to make hondas fast. I've fallen into a trap with honda's I like the underdogg setup but I like to look at peoples faces when you beat them and there shocked because it's a honda. It takes pateints and a deep pocket. Good luck. You'll have more fun than your WRX. I don't know why honda's are just fun to drive...well fast one's.