Notices

new to honda, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to honda, any suggestions?

i have building forced induction cars with my father for a little while, my friend had a Hb w/ a B18 turbo swap, i was so impressed i bought a b18 block and plan on building a forced ind. engine. Im going to have a local drag guy hone the block and bore it 10 over we have been doing a lot of research on pistons/rings and want true honda guys opinions we are leaning JE but w/ alot of research CP looks like a great company also. rods i have had good luck w/ in the past w/ eagle so i will end up using eagle unless otherwise talked out of. any help will be greatly appreciated
Old 02-20-2005, 07:55 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: new to honda, any suggestions? (xboostin4funx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xboostin4funx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have building forced induction cars with my father for a little while, my friend had a Hb w/ a B18 turbo swap, i was so impressed i bought a b18 block and plan on building a forced ind. engine. Im going to have a local drag guy hone the block and bore it 10 over we have been doing a lot of research on pistons/rings and want true honda guys opinions we are leaning JE but w/ alot of research CP looks like a great company also. rods i have had good luck w/ in the past w/ eagle so i will end up using eagle unless otherwise talked out of. any help will be greatly appreciated </TD></TR></TABLE>

Welcome to H-T. Home to the massive amounts of opinions.

One thing about it, it really isn't neccessary to bore and hone the stock sleeves.

1) Honda stock sleeves can have their original integrity compromised very easily compared to other engines when boring and honing the stock components.

2) Believe it or not, HONDA has done a great job OVERENGINEERING their components in stock form for boost (inadvertent benefit). You'd be better and more reliably suited stock.

3) Go for the components if you feel free to. Nothing wrong with it. Be aware that B18bs because of their longer stroke can make a bit more torque than their VTEC cousins, and make up for the loss in power.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions...