Notices

new to the honda acura crew have a few questions

Old 09-28-2002, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the honda acura crew have a few questions

hey everyone my name is Jordan and i recently puchased a 99 honda civic DX(i know i know dont even say it)I have always been a DSM guy and i had a 97 eclipse GSX that was more show than go (and it was an auto) but i had about 20k into it and decided it was time for somethin new. anyways here are a few of my questions.
1. I am going to do a motor swap over the winter and here is the option that I am looking into:i want to get a B20 longblock out of a CRV with 20k on it.and for turbo I am looking at the Revhard kit or possibly a drag 3 kit.has anyone had experience with this setup or am i out of my mind to try this?the longblock is basically the same motor as the LS only with a longer stroke right?as far as installation of the motor will this motor bolt into my civic pretty easily?I am planning on running a GSR tranny,axles,and ECU.i am not planning on building internals right away but i would like to be in the mid 12s.Is this a reasonable hope with this setup at like 7psi?I have about 5k to spend total on my motor setup over the winter so if you think there is a better route to gain better times i am very open to suggestions.

I am sorry if any of these questions seem stupid but I am very new to this and I have a lot to learn.thanx in advance to those who reply....Jordan
Old 09-28-2002, 12:36 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: new to the honda acura crew have a few questions (boostedblack99)

the longblock is basically the same motor as the LS only with a longer stroke right?
its the same stroke (very close anyway) and bored out to 84mm.

I have about 5k to spend total on my motor setup over the winter so if you think there is a better route to gain better times i am very open to suggestions.
motor swap + turbo and all other peripherals is gonna be over 10k typically. sounds like 12second 1/4 miles are attainable if you get traction. if you're going to turn up the boost, i would recommend a GSR motor personally.