Notices

New to H/T my project

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to H/T my project

i have a 94 eg with a H22 "fully built" looking to go boost, looking for some opinions on what i should do. should i go boost or SC? what sizes turbo would be good of this set-up? im looking to be in the 300-350HP range. i know fully build is in quotes, and thats because the previous ower told me that. i havent yet ripped the motor apart to see if anything has been done with it. so assuming that it is what should i do? and if its stock what would be a good plan?

Old 10-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to H/T my project

deff turbo, find out if its built, h22s arent the strongest motors
Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah you gotta find out what you have before planning anything.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What do you consider "fully built"? What your current C/R? What do you plan to do with the car? Your questions are honestly pretty vauge to for someone to give you a very accurate or detailed description on what you should or shouldnt do
Old 10-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by TJChad
What do you consider "fully built"? What your current C/R? What do you plan to do with the car? Your questions are honestly pretty vauge to for someone to give you a very accurate or detailed description on what you should or shouldnt do
well for what im told its built by a very reputable machine shop and im in the process of finding out what exactly was done to it, but i do believe it has rods pistons, crank, cams, valves the whole 9 yards but in not sure what comp ratio is at. even if it was stock lets say what would be your opinion on what i should do in respect to making 300-350HP as a daily driver whole goal is to smoke a bone stock skyline R33 gts. thanks for any input.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is it sleeved? you need to find out
Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got a specific persons car you're wanting to shut up I take it? haha. Well the guy you bought the car from that gave you the low down on what was in it did he have receipts or ANYTHING as proof of whats done? If not, then I personally would be cracking that bad boy open and giving it a good once over before I tried making decent power with it. Even honest people should be kept honest. What brand of rods, pistons, and crank? What type of cams? What is the cam lift/ duration set up for, all motor or boost? Stock sized valves or just Tit. springs and retainers? There is ALOT to find out about your engine if you truely want to find out what you're starting with. Although you have a H22 so asuming you're starting with a stock base of close to/ around 200hp. you shouldnt need to crazy of boost to acheive your power goals, but that all depends on how well you match your turbo (compressor) to your engine application. I can't really give you a part for part break down of what you need but I personally would go turbo. To me a supercharger is effective yes but it's a trade off. You're taking power to make power. With a turbo you're using potentially "wasted energy" I'm sure you can use the FAQs or a good search to see what alot of people are already running and their power #'s. If you're going to keep it a street car though and have a extra bit of coin i'd also look into and H2B kit.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by TJChad
Got a specific persons car you're wanting to shut up I take it? haha. Well the guy you bought the car from that gave you the low down on what was in it did he have receipts or ANYTHING as proof of whats done? If not, then I personally would be cracking that bad boy open and giving it a good once over before I tried making decent power with it. Even honest people should be kept honest. What brand of rods, pistons, and crank? What type of cams? What is the cam lift/ duration set up for, all motor or boost? Stock sized valves or just Tit. springs and retainers? There is ALOT to find out about your engine if you truely want to find out what you're starting with. Although you have a H22 so asuming you're starting with a stock base of close to/ around 200hp. you shouldnt need to crazy of boost to acheive your power goals, but that all depends on how well you match your turbo (compressor) to your engine application. I can't really give you a part for part break down of what you need but I personally would go turbo. To me a supercharger is effective yes but it's a trade off. You're taking power to make power. With a turbo you're using potentially "wasted energy" I'm sure you can use the FAQs or a good search to see what alot of people are already running and their power #'s. If you're going to keep it a street car though and have a extra bit of coin i'd also look into and H2B kit.
thanks man, ill talk to the guy and get that info, in the meantime ima do some research on here. i fimilliar with the H2B kit and i can get one for quite cheap. but what i dont understand is i already have an LSD h22 tranny, i dont see why i need/would benefit from it besides the H22 tranny sitting real low.

Thanks, Jdm-stylez
Old 10-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

id stay with the h seriers tranny if you are boosting it, they have longer gears and work well with boost IMO
Old 10-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do a leak down and compression check go from there...

even if it is not built 300hp with arp head studs and a good tune you should be fine.

t/3/4 57trim will be a good match for you power goals after you find your c/r that is
Old 10-28-2010, 01:27 AM
Trial User

thanks for the input. ive been thinking is there a way to lift the motor it self, without lifting the suspension? the car is slammed and i rub on everything but its only the headers and the tranny case. thx for feedback

Jdm-stylez
Old 10-28-2010, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jdm.stylez
thanks for the input. ive been thinking is there a way to lift the motor it self, without lifting the suspension? the car is slammed and i rub on everything but its only the headers and the tranny case. thx for feedback

Jdm-stylez
to be honest it would be a lot of work and modification.
you said your going to turbo just make the down pipe custom and sit tight and high up as possible and for your tranny i have been though more then one from the case cracking