Notices

Is a new fuel regulator & rail necessary for a Lg Framed turbo + Low boost pressure?

Old 01-23-2017, 01:59 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 Is a new fuel regulator & rail necessary for a Lg Framed turbo + Low boost pressure?

Buying a new fuel rail and fuel regulator for my boosted acura. It's a ls gsr and it's on 8lbs of boost on a 62mm turbo. From my knowledge it's built and I can tell it has a aftermarket fuel pump as its loud asf. Will I need to take care of the regulator? How much fuel will it need? Will I lean out or run too rich? Plus I haven't owned the Car long and don't know if it's actually ecu tuned or just on a Watergate spring. Thanks! Let me know all precautions needed to take.

​​​​​​​#newbie
Old 01-24-2017, 05:37 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default re: Is a new fuel regulator & rail necessary for a Lg Framed turbo + Low boost pressure?

1. Based on what you've stated "8psi on a 62mm turbo" it isn't making enough as-is to justify needing a new fuel rail/ fpr. You can buy those pieces, but they're hardly required at this point

2. Aftermarket pumps are always loud - get used to it. Changing the regulator/ rail isn't going to do anything about the pump whine.

3. Since I assume it's already tuned, it needs whatever fuel it's currently getting - so if it's on the stock rail/ fpr, you would set the new FPR to whatever base/ WOT pressure settings used by OEM

This might be a good opportunity to professionally retune the car, so you know where things stand.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Is a new fuel regulator & rail necessary for a Lg Framed turbo + Low boost pressu

I can barely hear my walbro 255, unless I take the rear seat out then I can hear it pretty good.

as was previously stated FPR and fuel rail seem completely unrelated to your issues, if there are any issues with the tune they wont help you out at all. Sounds like you need to take it to a professional tuner at the very least have it checked to make sure its not running lean before it blows up
Old 01-26-2017, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Is a new fuel regulator & rail necessary for a Lg Framed turbo + Low boost pressu

My Walbro 450 is quieter then my 255 ever was.