Notices

new to forced induction. Need some guidance. h22a delsol

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to forced induction. Need some guidance. h22a delsol

I have an h22a delsol that im considering to turbo, but i have a few questions before i go ahead and do so. i would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction so i don't make common mistakes or just screw the whole thing up. thanks in advance.

1. goals , to stay as reliable as possible and make it more fun to drive. horsepower goals around 250-300 to the wheels on a stock h22a.
2. i have some supporting mods you can say maybe not sure if these aftermarket bits have a big impact with fi skunk2 intake manifold and skunk2 70mm throttle body .
3.I'm not sure whats the best sized turbo for my goals (would like full boost soon and carry it to highest SAFE rpms possible of course). i was considering a garrett t04e but again i'm not sure so something decent that will get me to 250+hp so whats best for h22a and my hp goals a cast,tubular,ramhorn,top mount turbo manifold i don't which would be best.
5.injectors for my hp goal i don't want to max out a set or even come close i want to keep them in their "happy zone" so what cc's to get is beyond me.
6.Exhaust i'm planning to run a 3" mandrel bend no cat a resonator to keep it quiet the down pipe i'm open for suggestions iv'e heard 2.5 for some back pressure and 3.0 for no back pressure. I'm not sure though iv'e never owned anything turbo so i'm all ears/eyes to see what people with turbo experience have to say.
7. wastegate not sure to go 44mm or use a smaller 38mm don't know the difference in performance to be honest.
8.intercooler i want nice cool charge but least amount of lag so what size to get is something im also unsure of.
9. psi i know is irrelevant but something "safe" for my setup that i dont have a number for .

i'm sure i missed a few things . if you more knowledgeable people can point me where i want to go with this build ill greatly appreciate it.

Basically want to turbo my car as reliable as possible using good parts that fall into my budget, with the cool turbo sounds that come with it again thanks in advance.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new to forced induction. Need some guidance. h22a delsol

Originally Posted by angeldckid
I have an h22a delsol that im considering to turbo, but i have a few questions before i go ahead and do so. i would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction so i don't make common mistakes or just screw the whole thing up. thanks in advance.

1. goals , to stay as reliable as possible and make it more fun to drive. horsepower goals around 250-300 to the wheels on a stock h22a.
2. i have some supporting mods you can say maybe not sure if these aftermarket bits have a big impact with fi skunk2 intake manifold and skunk2 70mm throttle body .
3.I'm not sure whats the best sized turbo for my goals (would like full boost soon and carry it to highest SAFE rpms possible of course). i was considering a garrett t04e but again i'm not sure so something decent that will get me to 250+hp so whats best for h22a and my hp goals a cast,tubular,ramhorn,top mount turbo manifold i don't which would be best.
5.injectors for my hp goal i don't want to max out a set or even come close i want to keep them in their "happy zone" so what cc's to get is beyond me.
6.Exhaust i'm planning to run a 3" mandrel bend no cat a resonator to keep it quiet the down pipe i'm open for suggestions iv'e heard 2.5 for some back pressure and 3.0 for no back pressure. I'm not sure though iv'e never owned anything turbo so i'm all ears/eyes to see what people with turbo experience have to say.
7. wastegate not sure to go 44mm or use a smaller 38mm don't know the difference in performance to be honest.
8.intercooler i want nice cool charge but least amount of lag so what size to get is something im also unsure of.
9. psi i know is irrelevant but something "safe" for my setup that i dont have a number for .

i'm sure i missed a few things . if you more knowledgeable people can point me where i want to go with this build ill greatly appreciate it.

Basically want to turbo my car as reliable as possible using good parts that fall into my budget, with the cool turbo sounds that come with it again thanks in advance.

Make sure you do your research. Don't just rush into it like I did. Trust me, I learned the hard way. And make it as reliable as possible? Whats your budget? To make it reliable as possible, do not skimp on parts. Don't know much about H series, but you shouldn't have to run a lot of boost in those bigger engines to get 250-300.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: new to forced induction. Need some guidance. h22a delsol

Yes I've done some research and read the faq's but there's so many options and lots to consider. I don't want to jump into it and have to pay for it later I'd rather spend the extra money now and get it done right the first time around . As far as budget in not too sure id like to stay around 1000-1500 for parts used or new doesn't really matter to me. Thanks for your input .