Notices

New CX Racing turbo manifolds, allot better qualitiy what's your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 New CX Racing turbo manifolds, allot better qualitiy what's your opinion?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CIVIC-...146fcf&vxp=mtr

I think the quality is allot better than most ebay manifolds almost the same quality of the shop brand quality manifolds such as p-fab, go-autoworks etc...

I am still wondering if this manifold will crack on the wastegate flange where most ebay manifolds crack and do you guys think its worth the money and time and effort of putting this manifold on?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New CX Racing turbo manifolds, allot better qualitiy what's your opinion?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-Hon...4d155f&vxp=mtr
Old 12-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: New CX Racing turbo manifolds, allot better qualitiy what's your opinion?

They have stepped up quality a lot... a bunch of my formulad friends are professional drivers sponsored by them and they've run their new turbos and manifolds without issue...

However I don't know about their Honda stuff.. thicker material doesn't mean anything if the welding is ****... however the price point has risen a lot on these new manifolds so I don't know if its a viable option to buy one just to have it crack or something
Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I see your point their,but the welds look pretty good on the second link and I was thinking that because they are a up and coming company they would step up their products too
Old 12-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

You need to see if they can provide pics of an inside runner view to see what penetration looks like.. the collector pics look good but don't show runner penetration as most fabricators run the torch over the inside of the collector to smooth out the rough edges and to improve flow and the potential of something breaking off the collector and running through the turbo... also its a good way to claim full penetration without actually having it.

As running a fusion bead takes no effort
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Who does the welding? And when I buy one, who receives the profits?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:01 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Bix VT
Who does the welding? And when I buy one, who receives the profits?
No one at CX Racing or its label would ever reveal that, I'm sure. and if they do, its to placate and pacify you.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Well they were probably made in china or Taiwan.. CX racing gets the prpfots
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I see so it would be preferably better to go with a go-autoworks manifold or neukin and or p-fab manifold. Something in that nature because right now I have a inline pro knock off cast iron log manifold with 38mm wastegate adapter flange from go-autoworks and I don't know if that will be efficient enough to make 500whp or more?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 PM

I think it could, though backpressure within the manifold for the turbo would be through the roof. which will affect upper end power. Even a equal length shorty, or tubular log would be better to handle that, as well as any aftermarket camshaft you may want to use
Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you get what you pay for /thread
Old 12-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
I think it could, though backpressure within the manifold for the turbo would be through the roof. which will affect upper end power. Even a equal length shorty, or tubular log would be better to handle that, as well as any aftermarket camshaft you may want to use
So do you think this ramhorn is worth buying and wouldn't the log manifold help my spooling characteristics because it has much shorter runners and I know this manifold will not crack for sure.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:04 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont get it..quality manifolds are no longer THAT expensive..why anyone would cheap out and take a risk with the cheap **** is beyond me
Old 12-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pile of cheap Chinese ****.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

I've heard problems with neukin filling orders... huge wait times and most people end up just getting their money back
Old 12-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Even on there top quality one, that you linked, Id still call them garbage. Check out the runner misalignment on there "beautiful display" manifold.

Id be pretty upset if my manifold was stepped like that, obviously a nice edge inside the collector and a weld puddle on the bottom to fill that gap. And Im assuming this is a manifold they knew they were going to be taking pictures of, think of the flaws that could be had on a manifold when a chinese production worker is welding away at full speed possibly getting paid by the piece.

I'll never trust these manifolds, especially with crap like this.

If you want a tubular manifold, spend the money on a quality piece. If you cant afford that, go for a nice cast design. They flow plenty and are virtually indestrucible
Old 12-08-2012, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by turbolsvtecej1
So do you think this ramhorn is worth buying and wouldn't the log manifold help my spooling characteristics because it has much shorter runners and I know this manifold will not crack for sure.
No no no. I didn't say this CX Racing one would be the one to get. I was referring to using even a cast go-autowerks log would be better than this shiny thing.

In other words, no, don't get this thing.. Get a reputable company for your cause here.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KevinEF7
Even on there top quality one, that you linked, Id still call them garbage. Check out the runner misalignment on there "beautiful display" manifold.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6963/62204768.jpg

Id be pretty upset if my manifold was stepped like that, obviously a nice edge inside the collector and a weld puddle on the bottom to fill that gap. And Im assuming this is a manifold they knew they were going to be taking pictures of, think of the flaws that could be had on a manifold when a chinese production worker is welding away at full speed possibly getting paid by the piece.

I'll never trust these manifolds, especially with crap like this.

If you want a tubular manifold, spend the money on a quality piece. If you cant afford that, go for a nice cast design. They flow plenty and are virtually indestrucible
Exactly. There will always be a difference in quality when one manifold is made by someone in a sweat shop who has 3 months experience, vs someone who has 10+ years of experience, and actually cares about the quality because it's his company, and his name on the line.

My current daily driven setup won't see more than ~200whp, but I still decided to go with this manifold over the cast version: http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/go...-manifold.html
Old 12-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cxracing is **** and don't honor warranty. Donot use them.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The go autowerks tube log mannie and sk2 pro ones dont mix. Tried it and to much back pressure. Car struggled to make it to 340. Thru in stock gsr and the car went 400 easy. This was at church with shawn tuning the car. I forgot the spec on the turbo. But was a simple T3/t4. Nonething special.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

lolol Look at the merge collector!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Originally Posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater
The go autowerks tube log mannie and sk2 pro ones dont mix. Tried it and to much back pressure. Car struggled to make it to 340. Thru in stock gsr and the car went 400 easy. This was at church with shawn tuning the car. I forgot the spec on the turbo. But was a simple T3/t4. Nonething special.
Back pressure also depends on turbine wheel, turbine housing size, compression ratio, valve and port size, can timing, displacement, volumetric efficiency, air/fuel ratio, etc.

No two exact setups will have the same tune or back pressure, power level et
Old 12-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks like some junk material!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No no no. I didn't say this CX Racing one would be the one to get. I was referring to using even a cast go-autowerks log would be better than this shiny thing.

In other words, no, don't get this thing.. Get a reputable company for your cause here.
No I already have a ebay cast iron manifold but was considering on getting a ramhorn manifold of some design and upgrading with that.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by turbolsvtecej1
No I already have a ebay cast iron manifold but was considering on getting a ramhorn manifold of some design and upgrading with that.
I wouldn't call the CX Racing unit an upgrade by any stretch of the imagination.

Quick Reply: New CX Racing turbo manifolds, allot better qualitiy what's your opinion?