Notices

Neptune RTP vs. Regular Neptune. Really worth the upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neptune RTP vs. Regular Neptune. Really worth the upgrade?

I've been doing alot of research into my tuning options when I finally get my build finished hopefully sometime this summer. My tuner suggested I get Neptune RTP. It is an awesome system, I agree, but I'm not sure if I really need the extra features that RTP offers.

I really don't plan on changing my setup much once it's tuned. I just want a really nice, conservative street/dyno tune, then enjoy my car.

RTP features datalogging, live adjustments, and hell, even bluetooth, lol. I just don't need those. What real benefit does RTP offer, if any, to the tuner while tuning? All I plan on using it for is to street/dyno tune and then push it under my carpet and never see it again.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Reg Neptune requires a chip to be burned, RTP is everyday user adjustable and alot less hassle, RTP is really inexpensive and a pretty much no brainer IMO even if you are not going to need to adjust things like rev limits and launch settings at the track
Old 01-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Neptune RTP vs. Regular Neptune. Really worth the upgrade? (Tippyman)

Check out Ectune, it has many of the same features and doesnt requre a board. If you are not going to adjust it It might be a better option. My ecu is tuned on it now
Old 01-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP vs. Regular Neptune. Really worth the upgrade? (Crx Jimmy)

you can go with the regular neptune (the version that requires a chip) but youll never be able to make changes, only your tuner will.

if you get the rtp board you can make changes, i would suggest the rtp board just in case later down the road you do decide to make changes.

i myself was in the situation and have decided to go with neptune rtp.

why?????? well i figured that later on i can probably learn the system and then eventually learn how to tune my own car and maybe make any changes that i can do on my own.

now if i had the regular neptune, id probably have to tow or find a way to take it back to my tuner to get the changes made, which can be a hassle...

reg neptune vs neptune rtp are pretty much the same when it comes to software....
Old 01-03-2008, 06:23 PM

i am biased towards hondata s300 , but neptune rtp is really the same thing .. on the fly adjustments can mean life and death of your motor..

if u take your car on a long trip and u live in the mountains.. and drive down to florida or somthing close to sea level u can go lean..

its always nice to be able to adjust the whole fuel trim 1-5% to compensate for alt and weather changes.. not to mention bieng able to make yourself more consistant @ the track

Old 01-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (THEDirtyDseriesWOOT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THEDirtyDseriesWOOT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">iits always nice to be able to adjust the whole fuel trim 1-5% to compensate for alt and weather changes.. not to mention bieng able to make yourself more consistant @ the track

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats my situation right now. not even boost but vacuum too. i was tuned at like 97 degrees and today was a high of 18.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP vs. Regular Neptune. Really worth the upgrade? (Tippyman)

This article might help you make a decision: http://www.evans-tuning.com/te....html
Old 01-03-2008, 06:34 PM

Default Re: (blackeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thats my situation right now. not even boost but vacuum too. i was tuned at like 97 degrees and today was a high of 18.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly everyhting is gonna be a lil leaner in cold weather and low alts.. vac and boost
Old 01-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP vs. Regular Neptune. Really worth the upgrade? (Andrea)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andrea &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This article might help you make a decision: http://www.evans-tuning.com/te....html</TD></TR></TABLE>

Andrea,
For Neptune you have Battery Compensation as "none". This should now be a yes.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Neptune RTP vs. Regular Neptune. Really worth the upgrade? (ladysman)

Just updated the tech article.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you ever plan on making changes, the RTP would be a sure fire way to allow you to do so... Even if it's just to get it to your tuner after swapping turbos, injectors, map sensors, etc. You also get to update ECU features without needing to take it back to your tuner.

Plus... If you get the TunerView LCD Display at some point, you can disable the injectors or put the car in "valet mode" as a security feature right from the display.

If you really don't want to mess with it and always want your tuner to have control, that's what the regular NepTune is for.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: (THEDirtyDseriesWOOT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THEDirtyDseriesWOOT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

exactly everyhting is gonna be a lil leaner in cold weather and low alts.. vac and boost</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i know. my boost afr is still safe, but my vacuum is getting lean i can feel it hesitate under moderate load
Old 01-04-2008, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

s300 has fan control as well as many other new things now.. such as lean protection, overheating protection, a analog display, etc.. and they are still coming out with many new things.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike93eh2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike93eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">s300 has fan control as well as many other new things now.. such as lean protection, overheating protection, a analog display, etc.. and they are still coming out with many new things.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's about time they put fan control in there. This was asked a long time ago.

The customizable display has been available in RTP for a while. The better thing coming out is the Tunerview. Basically having your laptop screen in a smaller LCD. Unfortunately it won't work with the S300.

Both systems work very well. I'd recommend the RTP over regular neptune.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ladysman)

Can someone please tell me where the s300 fan control setting is cant seem to find it and have downloaded the latest version.

THANKS.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (turbovt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbovt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can someone please tell me where the s300 fan control setting is cant seem to find it and have downloaded the latest version.

THANKS.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is not fan control per say. Use a nitrous output for the coolant temp you want it to turn on and select A12 radiator relay.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP vs. Regular Neptune. Really worth the upgrade? (HRTuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HRTuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Plus... If you get the TunerView LCD Display at some point, you can disable the injectors or put the car in "valet mode" as a security feature right from the display.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was going to ask you about this....... This is a great idea/feature, I would buy it just for this.

Modified by 96 GSR-T at 5:04 PM 1/4/2008
Old 01-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP vs. Regular Neptune. Really worth the upgrade? (Andrea)

Can someone explain to me what battery compensation is please?

-W
Old 01-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bigger injectors require more amps so this allows u to tune it on a certain amp output, i believe im a newb
Old 01-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ladysman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ladysman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's about time they put fan control in there. This was asked a long time ago.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

it has always had it i thought.. ??
Old 01-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Neptune RTP vs. Regular Neptune. Really worth the upgrade? (wade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can someone explain to me what battery compensation is please?

-W</TD></TR></TABLE>

Basically as more current is drawn from your battery your ECU get's less voltage. As voltage drops, injectors don't open as long. People often notice when they turn on their lights and AC, the car goes leaner. This is because of the battery compensation in stock form is not adequate for their new injectors.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:12 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (mike93eh2)

The worst thing about S300 is that Hondata makes it.

Which is why I would go Neptune RTP or ECtune
Old 01-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GetawayInMoscow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GetawayInMoscow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The worst thing about S300 is that Hondata makes it.

Which is why I would go Neptune RTP or ECtune</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GetawayInMoscow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GetawayInMoscow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The worst thing about S300 is that Hondata makes it.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boosted Chemist)

why the hondata haters? want some cheese with your whine? go make something your own damn self that out works what Hondata has brought us for a cheaper price.

Quick Reply: Neptune RTP vs. Regular Neptune. Really worth the upgrade?