Notices

need what to run more boost jrsc

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need what to run more boost jrsc

just wnated to know what I need to run the CRV pulley a b18b in a CRX, it has exhaust,intake, header, crane ignition, cam gears, and still has the underdrive pulley when it ws all motor cant seem to locate an b18b pulley so just get an crv from up the street where i live.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:56 AM

Default Re: need what to run more boost jrsc (tegedrex)

I don't understand. Do you already have the jrsc? Are you running an underdrive pulley with the jrsc? If so then you are killing your boost. Do you have a BTC or MAP controller? What about fuel? Do you still have the stock fuel pump and injectors? How do you prevent detonation? Is your base timing retarded?
Old 02-27-2003, 09:05 PM

Default Re: need what to run more boost jrsc (fredtoast)

I already have an jrscwhich I installed it came with the car uninstalled when I bought it, w/ underdrive pulley that was already on the car and dont have the original crank pulley, so I was thinking of just getting the crv pulley instead of buying both, cause thats whats going to happen eventually. Stock fuel system as far as I know, need to know what i need to get the crv pulley to work. Thanks for any input.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:18 AM
New User

Default Re: need what to run more boost jrsc (tegedrex)

If you have the UR crank pulley you ARE killing your boost. Get a boost gauge to see where you are. I doubt you are seeing much more than 4 psi. If you go from that to a 12 psi CRV crank pulley you WILL blow something up.

My suggestion is to get the above mentioned boost gauge. An intake temp gauge (yes its expensive but its worth it to know what your manifold temps are) a J&S safeguard (original is fine but the Ultra version 2 can retard timing under boost and modify the fuel signal slightly). Get a fuel pressure gauge, an adjustable pressure riser, and 440 cc injectors (RC or DSM work fine)

If you go with a Hondata you can do away with the J&S Ultra and the rising rate fuel pressure regulator but you will still need some way to alter base fuel pressure. Go to the Hondata web site. It explains it all

Once you have all that you are going to have to get it tuned. Trust me on this one. Doing it by the "It FEELS like its making more power" method is gauranteed to **** something up.

The cam gears are a plus as it will allow you to dial out a little of the overlap.

Upping the boost (reliably) on a JRSC isn't a simple matter of slapping on a different pulley. You need to make sure that the car is tuned (and tune-able) to handel it.

Mike