Notices

Need some Serious Advice on Tuning my JRSC CR-V with a crappy setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some Serious Advice on Tuning my JRSC CR-V with a crappy setup

Hey there. I have a 98 CR-V with the B20B engine in it and a JRSC running I think between 6 and 9 psi (have to go check the pulley later).

Originally, it was running the stock pully and the normal JRSC stuff..FMU etc at the stock 6 PSI which ran great until the auto tranny blew up at about 140k miles. So the vehicle has been in the shop for a while being swapped to a 5 speed which has worked out surprisingly well.

However, upon getting it back the tuning is horrible. The car has an MSD 6A7 ignition, blaster coil, MSD BTM, VAFC2 + the Jackson FMU and I am told all of these together and individually aren't very good things. The car doesn't seem to run as well as it did prior to the swap..the power just isn't there.

So a few questions.

Should I ditch the VAFC2 or the FMU and tune with one or the other...I do have bigger RC injectors on the car.

Can I get a reliable tune with either of those? I live in VA so I need to keep the car ODB2 compliant and Hondata doesn't make an application for the CR-V regardless although rumor has it a P75 or 28 might work.

As another option...does anyone know if there is a Hondata system that should work with a CR-V...or perhaps if the Greddy E-Manage Ultimate is a good option? Anyone know of any good tuners/installers for the E-Manage ultimate in the DC metro area?

Old 11-09-2006, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need some Serious Advice on Tuning my JRSC CR-V with a crappy setup (justint)

There are loads of people in much stricter states converting down to OBD1 to tune their cars properly. If you wanted to be emissions compliant, you wouldnt have thrown a supercharger on your car.

I say ditch everything, use larger injectors, convert down to OBD1 and get a proper tune on Crome, Neptune, Hondata whatever...