Notices

need some input: CAI filter or Heat sheild for Boosted Z6T

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some input: CAI filter or Heat sheild for Boosted Z6T

Ok I have a 94 civic coupe With fully built Z6 T. I was gonna run my IC piping next to the fender and thru the front cross member to the FMIC, and then run the Pipe from the compressor thru the CAI Hole and put my filter there, Im sure it would be a PITA to rigg up the bends.
Now I'm thinking Maybe it would be easier to still run the IC piping next to the fender well, but put the filter Above the hole and keep it in the engine bay and fab up a heat sheild. Does anyone have any pics of something like this?? I wasthinking of getting all my Ic piping fab'd up and then taking a small sheet of Inconel or Titaniam, and cut a 3" Hole in the center of it and then Take a Pc of Vac hose or something cut it down one side and line the metal so it wont damage the IC pipe.And then run the pipe in a straight line from the Strut tower on the side, and then over to the head light area, My cars gettin painted now and the engine bay is totally stripped So I fugre now would be a good time to get some measurements.

Post up some pics if you got them of some home made heat sheilds.