Notices

Need some help with my friends gst...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 08:48 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with my friends gst...

Hey guys....my friend just put his first mod on his eclipse gst...greddy intercooler piping and a greddy type s blow off valve. Everything went ok(except for the fact that the damn piping came off once in the neighborhood ) Then the real problem came.....At about 3k rpm....the car pulls(boost) but right after that it seems that the car stops pulling hard....almost like it doesnt boost anymore. I am pretty sure we did the vaccum right on the blow off valve, but there are two nipples on the back...we put the vacuum on the top, just like where it goes on stock...should it be on the bottom? I dont really think this matters that much, but he doesnt have a filter off the end of his turbine, just the stock outlet with a screen(got something electrical plugged in..fill me in please..lol). I dont really think that will matter much bc I have seen it before on cars...could be wrong tho. Any help is greatly appreciated...no flaming please, I am an all motor guy..I dont know anything about this boost stuff...lol.
Old 09-17-2001, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Need some help with my friends gst... (IntegD)

are you venting the bov back into the intake? Eclipse's have issues when you dont do that. You can of course get away from that buy using a VPC.

All the people that remove the bov tube which goes into the intake and cover the hole have problems.

liam
Old 09-17-2001, 09:47 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need some help with my friends gst... (liam821)

That electrical connection you are mentioning is his air mass sensor I am assuming..I would suggest do your research before messing with that if you plan to pull off that screen it has for a "budget performance" upgrade be careful because damaging that will cause headaches for your buddies gst..

As far as mods to start off with put on a open element filter, like k&n blitz or generic that would fit, 3"exhaust, bigger downpipe and raise the boost another 3 psi and I am sure he will enjoy life for a while, the rest will come along as he gets used to the power good luck man and to your buddy

[Modified by boost killz, 10:51 PM 9/17/2001]