Notices

need some help with half size PWR radiator install

Old 10-12-2006, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help with half size PWR radiator install

Hey guys i need some insight on how everyone is setting up there half size aftermarket aliminum radiators with flex a lite slim fans most importantly i want it to look clean. I have a 1997 integra ls/vtec with a full race stage 3 turbo kit non AC. I just got a PWR half size civic aluminum radiator and a red Flex A Lite fan and red samco hoses. I took out my old stock civic radiator and fan which was ghetto looking..bolted up the fan to the radiator perfect no problem but when i put it in; the fan is touching the downpipe which is definitely a no no. I'm curious to see what people are doing with this setup by moving it over with a mounting kit of some sort or cutting and welding the actual mount for the radiator over towards the passenger side more. Any kind of help and/or pics would be great before i start cutting and welding possibly even going with another radiator that is custom or off of a different model?
thanks,

frankie

Old 10-12-2006, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need some help with half size PWR radiator install (FRANK_WHITE)

drill the spot weld out of your stock lower mounting point. .... move it over....re-spot weld
Old 10-12-2006, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need some help with half size PWR radiator install (dturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">drill the spot weld out of your stock lower mounting point. .... move it over....re-spot weld </TD></TR></TABLE>