Notices

Need to rebuild my drag turbo, little help please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need to rebuild my drag turbo, little help please.

Turbo has developed a nice amount of shaft play and smoke a pretty good amount so it's definately time for a rebuild. Question is, what do I buy to do it? I couldn't find any rebuild kits on turbonetics web site and drag doesn't even have a web site that I can find.

The info I know about the turbo from the search function somewhat conflicts itself as either a T04E .57 trim with a .63 AR on the hot side ......... Or a T04b with a Super V72 stage three wheel. Now as far as I know, the shaft size on both of these is the standard size shaft and not the oversized one and I can't locate a rebuild kit anywhere aside from Ebay anyway. Will a general T3/T4 rebuild kit with new seals and bearings work for me like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem

I have no problems doing it myself as there is a decent how to on here and I have been a mechanic on turbing engines for 10 years now so it can't be that bad, I just don't know what to order. Thanks for any help guys.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need to rebuild my drag turbo, little help please. (Jay_Sensing)

It will most likely need to be rebalanced. Check out a rebuilt site. Blaast rebuilds well from what I hear.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand that it has to be dynamicaly balanced but they are balanced prior to sale and I can index the compressor to the shaft and get it back where it was and be close enough. I do it with some severely heavy duty parts on Helicopters quite often.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a full technical manual with blueprints for this turbo and I don't know the sizes I need to buy to rebuild lol.