Notices

need to know which item is more important right now?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to know which item is more important right now?

hi i have a question.. i got a 95 ls turbo and im starting to order my fuel parts for the engine but i can only get one at a time.. im planning on getting a FMU, aem fuel pressure regulator and aem fuel rail.. Which is most important at the moment? and what effect does each one support? thanks in advance
Old 09-09-2006, 01:27 PM
i ♥ snails

Wow your going in the wrong direction let me steer you in the right way. Walbro fuel pump, 440-550cc injectors, stock fuel rail and regulator should be fine. Please do not order a fmu. I want the best for you and your motor. fuel/eng management is the single most important item when turboing a car. without proper fue/eng mang your motor will never make as much power as it could and just wont last.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: need to know which item is more important right now? (rickturboteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rickturboteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hi i have a question.. i got a 95 ls turbo and im starting to order my fuel parts for the engine but i can only get one at a time.. im planning on getting a FMU, aem fuel pressure regulator and aem fuel rail.. Which is most important at the moment? and what effect does each one support? thanks in advance </TD></TR></TABLE>

Here are the effects of the two items you're looking into:

1.) AEM fuel pressure regulator - nothing.
2.) AEM fuel rail - nothing.

Get a bigger fuel pump, some real injectors and standalone engine management. Hondata is good, Neptune is better, Crome, Uberdata and Turboedit are all free and user friendly.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Re: need to know which item is more important right now? (Archidictus)

ok thanks for the replys i was just told to upgrade the fuel rail and fuel regulator thats why i asked before anything..im tuned with uberdata already...i guess i will order the walboro fuel pump..will i notice a difference in power with just upgrading the fuel pump? im running about 6-7 psi of boost daily driver
Old 09-09-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Re: need to know which item is more important right now? (rickturboteg)

also why shouldnt i buy a FMU?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:17 PM

You say you are tuned with uberdata. Therefore, the FMU is not needed. FMU is ghetto engine management ...if you even want to call it an engine management system.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because an FMU uses pressure from the turbo to jack up rail pressure on stock injectors so they will feed more and make the car function under boost. With Crome, Hdata, Udata or the others, they allow you to run large injectors at stock pressure and the car will run and drive like a stock car and only add the extra fuel when needed. It's a much better option than a ghetto FMU which we have all run at one time if we have been doing this a while but now, there are better options.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: (Jay_Sensing)

ok thanks ive heard of detonation and from what i heard its some noise that engine gives you when something happens but im a bit confused..can someone explain and tell me what i have to look for to make sure i dont have detonation? Thanks
Old 09-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (rickturboteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rickturboteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok thanks ive heard of detonation and from what i heard its some noise that engine gives you when something happens but im a bit confused..can someone explain and tell me what i have to look for to make sure i dont have detonation? Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Detonation - the damaging form being preignition - is when the air/fuel mixture combusts before the engine is mechanically where it is supposed to be due to inconsistancies in spark timing, mechanical timing, fuel trim, heat buildup or chemical composition of the reactants.

You'll hear sharp "pings" if it's happening with regularity and your ECU should throw a code if it is detected by your knock sensor. Proper fuel trim and timing tuning will avoid this kind of issue.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Re: (Archidictus)

cool thanks
Old 09-09-2006, 08:44 PM

Default Re: (rickturboteg)

Are you planning to up the boost? If you're already tuned w/ uberdata for the psi you're running, you shouldn't "need" anything.