Notices

Need help with Turbo project

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Turbo project

Here is the "deal." My cousin has a 01 Base Prelude, so far it has i/h/e, he was aiming for going NA w/ skunk cams and iM, but since skunk never came out with the manifold, he is selling his NA setup and opting for turbocharging. $3000 to work with.
So far, we have considered a greddy kit, but couldn't find any at a price that was worth it. Now, we are trying to piece together a nice custom kit. Hopefully it will run 8-9psi, tuned, he wants 250hp w/ gobs of tq out of his h22.

The internals will remain stock, engine management will be hondata s200w/ boost, now here is where the trouble comes in. What ECU should he run? I am thinking an OBD1 p72 so he can control his secondaries. Injectors will most likely be DSM 450 or something affordable.
*?Does controlling the secondaries really matter w/ boost? He was thinking of also going w/ a p28, and with hondata, could the fuel/ignition maps be made for a prelude successfully?

Now, we moved on to the manifold/turbo/WG. what do you guys suggest? For H22s i have only seen that the DRAG manifold is a decent price and gets the job done.

For the DP/Exhaust: DP? no idea where to get one since we havent decided on turbo/manifold. As for the exhaust piping, we are definatly going w/ accordinglydone pipng.

IC/Charge Pipes/BOV: We want an intercooler which will fit JDM prelude fog lights. So I think the only way to do this is an IC with end tanks where the pipes exit towards the top of the IC. But where to get nice charge pipes that wont rust?

Misc. stainless oil line, clamps, hoses: where do you guys suggest we get these?

Thanks in advance for all the help

Old 10-08-2003, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need help with Turbo project (Bolivianstrtwpn)

uppity