Notices

need help tuboing 2000 civic si

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help turboing 2000 civic si

I have a air research t3 turbo, will it fit right on a t3-t4 manifold?And what parts do I need to complete this kit, and best parts to use. I'm also rebuilding the motor whats the best way to build it to support a t3 at around 11 pounds of boost?
Old 07-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need help turboing 2000 civic si (si_blues)

You have to start researching man. No one on this forum is going to spoon feed you all the basic information you need. If you have a specific question that is not easily attainable through search we'd be glad to help you out. Sorry, but that's how it is sometimes...
Old 07-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm, to tell you the truth. I don't even want to reply to this thread.

First off...... You need to learn MORE about turbo and engine components.

There is no such thing, as the "best"... RESEARCH!
Old 07-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help turboing 2000 civic si (synik)

you know what? I am getting tried of all these threads. Everyone is so ******* LAZY.

they don't want to do anything themselves.

so all you lazy *****... go search, go spend $500 on books, read them, them read agian and agian.... then come and ask questions.

//end of vent

boy that felt good... its been bottled up a while
Old 07-16-2004, 04:03 PM

Listen, I don't have time like other people i'm just looking for a little help sorry if im not a ******* guru of the turbo world. My car has cracked rings no compression and is about to give out I dont have much time or information and smartass remarks isn't what im looking for.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by si_blues &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Listen, I don't have time like other people i'm just looking for a little help sorry if im not a ******* guru of the turbo world. My car has cracked rings no compression and is about to give out I dont have much time or information and smartass remarks isn't what im looking for.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you don't have time to learn, do yourself a favor and dont turbo your car. It's just going to be a bigger headache in the end if you dont know exactly what you're doing.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:22 PM

Default Re: need help turboing 2000 civic si (BlueSi2k)

I know about the turbo, manifold, plumbing, all the basics I'm talking about a good FMU, I keep hearing about switching to obd 1, and people are telling me not to use my VAFC. I have the basics on most parts I need to know about the ECU, FMU, and mostly if a t3 will bolt to a t3 t4 manifold
Old 07-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your orginal post said nothing about an FMU.

what your orignal post said was: "What parts do I need for turbo" and "whats best way to build a motor"

And if you don't have time, don't bother doing any of this... just go pay someone to do it for you... thats what professionals are for.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help turboing 2000 civic si (MachAF)

ditto.

GO FIND OUT YOURSELF! We can only help you along your process of the build up etc. But to do the whole homework for you? Forget it. Go buy a subura/neon..

Or better yet, make yourself some time and READ!

Be more specific with your questions, then we can help you. I rather not sit here and write you an essay. I have better things to do... Then to these things for you.. and Im sure lots other have the same thoughts..

WELCOME TO Honda-Tech BTW...
Old 07-16-2004, 04:53 PM

dude first of all your knowledge seems to me like your motor and turbo kit will run for one day and motor will be blown.
i ran a stock b20 block with just a balanced crank, stock b16 top end stock b16 tranny on 24 inch slicks best of 11.3@124 mph. w/11 psi
(...........its all on tunning...........)
when theres no tunning theres no motor
Old 07-16-2004, 05:04 PM

What im planning on doing is rebuilding the bottom end Im going to do rods, pistons, rings, bearings, act stage two clutch, go ahead and replace all seals and timing belt. Im changing pistons in case of nitrous on down the road, and mild turbo cams so that I dont have to mess with the whole top end except for valve seals. I've got the turbo I found a tubular manifold for t3 t4 but cant remember if t3 will bolt right up. Im about to order oil feed and return lines, intercooler, injectors,bov,and all plumbing. Somebody else will do all internals I will do the turbo kit. All I am doing is ordering all parts and having the motor done. All im wondering is about the obd1 swap, and im being told not to use my VAFC. I dont know what I need as far as ECU and what ever else to go along with that. My first post I was just trying to make short and sweet but that didnt work. Any help I can get is greatfully needed.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.hondata.com

http://www.aem.com

AEM EMS

do not use the VAFC HACK. its worthless.

stock SI cams will work fine for turbo if your not making huge power. many people use stock GSR cams.

As for pistons and rods- honda-tech bandwagons for pistons seems to be with CP pistons at this time: JE,Ross,wiseco,arias- are other options.

As for rods - eagle, crowers, pauter, manleys.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:18 PM

Hey mach I really appreciate your help man, and anyone else who could help
Old 07-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

T3/T4 turbos have T3 turbine housings so your T3 turbo should bolt right up. Is the manifold a four bolt outlet and does your turbo have a five bolt discharge? If so, it sould fit fine. BTW, make sure you get someone competent to tune your **** or you will be sorry...
Old 07-16-2004, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.hondata.com

http://www.aem.com

AEM EMS

do not use the VAFC HACK. its worthless.

stock SI cams will work fine for turbo if your not making huge power. many people use stock GSR cams.

As for pistons and rods- honda-tech bandwagons for pistons seems to be with CP pistons at this time: JE,Ross,wiseco,arias- are other options.

As for rods - eagle, crowers, pauter, manleys.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe not to you but for some of us low budget guys, it works fine. My car runs GREAT on the hack. I dont have high HP goals, so a 500 hondata plus all of the other crap that goes with it is overkill.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help turboing 2000 civic si (specv5150)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by specv5150 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Maybe not to you but for some of us low budget guys, it works fine. My car runs GREAT on the hack. I dont have high HP goals, so a 500 hondata plus all of the other crap that goes with it is overkill.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Weren't you just having issues with your car? oh yea.. thats right white smoke pouring out is perferctly normal.

with the hack there is something about the timing when running low psi, it doesn't retard it or something. Can't rememeber and don't care to remember because its a peice of ****. i'd rather use the greddy **** box.

Why aren't you using uberdata then? Its free. cheaper than the piece of **** hack.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no actually I dont have smoke pouring out my car......All the problems on my car are non AFC HAck related

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MachAF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Weren't you just having issues with your car? oh yea.. thats right white smoke pouring out is perferctly normal.

with the hack there is something about the timing when running low psi, it doesn't retard it or something. Can't rememeber and don't care to remember because its a peice of ****. i'd rather use the greddy **** box.

Why aren't you using uberdata then? Its free. cheaper than the piece of **** hack.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-23-2004, 02:17 PM

Default Re: need help turboing 2000 civic si (specv5150)

I'm w/ specv on that one. My VAFC has given me no problems at all. But hey blues, If haven't already bought everything, I'm selling my setup. I'm going to school in the fall in Cali and I live in Myrtle Beach, SC so I gotta sell it. If your interested I can give you an email with all the stuff/specs. I'ts not a bad setup. But you've definitely gotta do more research. Especially for people who have no money like me. Turbo's will kill your motor quick if you don't know what the hell your doing.