Notices

need help picking out parts to turbo my d15b7 in my 92 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help picking out parts to turbo my d15b7 in my 92 sedan

don't tell me to search because I've been reading for a the whole day. I've looked at the whole sohc setup thread, several different sohc forums, and I've not gotten the answers I've wanted.

first off i have a 1992 frost white dx sedan. it has around 175k on the stock motor and tranny. i keep it very well maintained , and it doesn't burn any oil. I've wanted to turbo it for a long time. recently , i made the decision to keep my car well maintained and just save my money for a house down payment when i graduate college(I'll be a freshman this year). now, i love Honda's and working on cars, so I've been swaying towards just turboing it and getting it out of my system.

basically im shooting for around 200whp while still retaining my power steering and air conditioning. I'm prepared to wait around for good deals to get the best bang for the buck as i want to spend as little as possible without sacrificing quality on the important parts . for the manifold , I'm just thinking of getting a ac compatible eBay special log manifold or have somewhere on h-t make me one for around 200bucks. as far as the turbo, im thinking something like a 14b,t25, or straight t3. im not sure if i should have it waste gated externally or internally? for the ic and piping , im either going to get some eBay special and cut and weld if it doesn't fit exactly right or buy it out of the sponsor section. for tuning , i want either Neptune, chrome or uberdata with a wide band and a laptop. i plan to tune it myself as i want this to be a learning experience. im also wondering if it's possible for me to tune my car without the use of a dyno?