Notices

need help... the more i learn, the more confused i get

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help... the more i learn, the more confused i get

ok, i used the search and the more i read, the more confused i get. i'm planning on a custom setup that includes a 14b turbo since it's better than a t25 and since it has an internal wastegate, i'm gonna use a manual boost controller. i'm looking at getting a SMIC since they're cheap and having any IC is better than none at all, but i'm hoping to luck out and find a good deal on a FMIC. most likely i'll be using a stock BOV from a DSM.

now for the part that i get confused about... the fuel management. my first thoughts were to use my stock injectors and get a 12:1 FMU, but i've heard bad things about going this route, plus as i understand it, i'd need a better in-tank fuel pump to go with the FMU. So now i'm planning on using some 440cc or 450cc injectors from a DSM which means i wouldn't need an FMU. but i just read a post saying that using the DSM injectors will mess with the ECU. is this right?? what else do i need to use these injectors?? oh, and i will be using an AFC as well.

i'll be boosting a stock b18a motor so the PSI won't go past 9 or 10lbs. my car is stock and on top of that, it's automatic so i would think that even without the car being tuned, as long as everything is installed and running properly, i should notice a difference in performance. i'm just hoping to go from a mid to high 17 second car, down to about 14's, maybe even 13's with the proper tuning. oh, and my car will be a 5-speed by the time i boost my car. can someone help me out? PLEASE!!!
Old 05-14-2002, 12:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need help... the more i learn, the more confused i get (simonsez)

If you went with a 12:1, you would need an IN-LINE pump to supply it.
If you went with 440s, you'd probably want a high flow IN-TANK pump, but no FMU.
DSM injectors are low impedance peak and hold, so you would need to run a resistor pack from a peak and hold Honda as to not screw up your ECU.
hth