Notices

need help knoin about turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help knoin about turbo...

hi I am newb to turbo and I need help learnin about it cus I wanna go lst on my da... but my ls is stock tho... lets just say money aint a thing right... what brand is the best brand you would buy... after that whats the second best brand... after that what is the differents between the t3 and all the other t out there cus i be seein t4 t3/t4 whats that all about.... can someone help me out knoin about this stuff... itll really help me...
Old 05-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help knoin about turbo... (dwuknoit)

bump
Old 05-21-2008, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok you first need to read the FAQs at the top of this forum. Then when your done come back and ask well thought out questions. It will do you a world of good to do some research for yourself. And please don't bump this anymore. No one answered because they likely want to tell you just what i did but in a much more virulent manor. GL.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help knoin about turbo... (KeyserSoze)

It would help (and make you look better too) if you wrote in some semblance of English instead of typing in the trashy idiot gangsta slang you speak, as well.

+1 on research. You've got a lot of your own research to do before asking other questions.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need help knoin about turbo... (chimmike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chimmike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It would help (and make you look better too) if you wrote in some semblance of English instead of typing in the trashy idiot gangsta slang you speak, .</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAAHAHa

How true it is !!!!
I was cracking up when i read this ,
very signature worthy

Why do people shorten words by 1 letter , or change an e or an i to an a ?

For future reference , we cant understand you ,
and there is spell check as well . WTF?
Old 05-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help knoin about turbo... (00-501itrspec)

haha... yea ya some big *** hater... ya cant even help out a fellow honda tech person... with out talkin ****... thats [freak] up... a yo im only 16.... I got years to learn.... and im tryin to learn... next time if you aint got nothin helpful to say then dont post up ur hater talk aite... cus u wouldnt want me to go on ur post and hate...
Old 05-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

we told you how to learn, now it's up to you.

Learning doesn't mean "ask other people for the answers"

Learning means knowing where to find information and doing so.

We told you were to find it, now it's up to you to go there, read it, and educate yourself. Age is not important, you could be 25 and know nothing about cars (like most people in this country)

The point is, don't expect everyone to hand you answers on a silver platter.....we've got better things to do.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help knoin about turbo... (chimmike)

yea I get what ur sayin... but dang bro u aint got to drop bad comment on my post like that... just dont post at all if you aint gonna help me... thats all am sayin... just go to a new post...
Old 05-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1024174

Read the FAQ's ^^^^^ just like I said before, it will help a WHOLE lot.

As for the flanges (t3, t4) and hybrid turbos (t3/t4) the "t3" and "t4" by themselves refer to the turbine housing flange. The t4 is larger than the t3. In the case of the t3/t4 hybrid, well the turbo is the hotside (the turbine wheel and housing w/the flange) of a t3 and the coldside (the compressor wheel and housing) of a t4. The t3 and t4 flanges are different sizes.

IE, when someone says a gt 30/40 that is the hotside of a gt30 paired with the coldside of a gt40. When there are two numbers like that the first is for the hotside and the second is for the coldside. Chances are you will never need a t4 turbo so dont even consider them. GL.

Remember, this stuff is fun but it is no where near as important as your schooling. School (esp at your age) is much more important than a fast car. Get a good education, go to college and get a degree then you will have money to mess around with **** like this after a few years. Or you'll just be broke from your house/car payments like me. ^_-
Old 05-22-2008, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You got allot of research and learning to do, but if you stick with it and you already know quite a bit about motors it should come fairly easily. Just study, study, study.

BTW How is money not a problem at 16?
Old 05-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dwuknoit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea I get what ur sayin... but dang bro u aint got to drop bad comment on my post like that... just dont post at all if you aint gonna help me... thats all am sayin... just go to a new post...</TD></TR></TABLE>

let me give you a few tips kid. I'm sure it's cool to txt your friends in slang like that, but online here, it just makes you look, for lack of a better word, retarded.

I know you're 16, and the sickest thing as a teenager is to have a pimp ride. I was there. I was broke, and I wanted a fast ride.

But now I'm 25, I've got a college degree and a good job, but I've also got a mortgage, a wife, and like 3 other expensive hobbies.

I learned by doing. I built 3 other turbo cars before this, a 200whp 1.8L 2001 sentra, a 13 second 91 sentra SE-R, and a 400whp, 12 second street-tire 350z.

I've read books like <U>Honda Tuning</U> by Mike Kojima, and <U>Maximum Boost</U> by Corky Bell. At your age they may be a little advanced and tough to understand some of the technobabble, but don't let that discourage you.

As was said above, the absolute most important thing right now is your education. Don't slack in high school, you WILL kick yourself for it later. Take it from me. Then, go to college and get a degree. Don't let anyone tell you college is a waste of time. Believe me when I say those were the best years of my life.

You can still do the car thing on the side, but don't go into debt over it. Just a few short years from now you'll be able to do most anything you want to the car because you'll have a good job and some money.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Very true. I'm in my last year of my undergrad and its a balance between paying for school and finding money/time for the hobbies on the side. Once i'm out (after 5 years of graduate school for my PhD in Psyc ) I'll have more time and money for the hobbies on the side. The waiting game sucks, but will be well worth it in the end.