Notices

Need Help Identifying a JRSC, Thankyou

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Identifying a JRSC, Thankyou

How can I tell what model JRSC I have if there are no distinguishing numbers or parts codes?

Now for the Story...

ok, so about a year ago I go on the mass hunt for a JRSC for my ITR. Every source I checked told me the JRSC for the B16 is the same for the ITR, which makes sense because of the IM design.

When looking for the JRSC I made it a point to skip over all the GSR's and D16 JRSC'c, obviously. I find one, it's a good deal, check his rep, look's all clear. I call the guy up and he sounds totally trustworthy so I'm in.

I receive all the parts, but one piece looked kinda outta place. The S Tube from the TB to the Charger looks a little bit differant than what I was used too. Looked online and found a pick of a B16 dude with a JRSC and it looked similar.

So from then on I didn't think much of it, plus i was lazy and didn't want to take off my IM to make sure. I was planning on installing it in 2 months anyways. Shortly after I bought the JRSC, I went into the hospital after getting into a motorcycle accident and here we are a year later and I want to pick the project back up.

Looking it over more and checking more picks of setups is really confusing me because I don't want to go through the time to try and install it if it's not the correct one. The more and more I look at it, the more it pisses me off because I'm pretty certain I've been scammed, but I need to make sure now.

Here's a LS Setup:

Here's a B16 JRSC looks similar to the LS:

Here's a Badass JRS ITR setup. The S tube is "really" short and the TB sits close to the charger, but it is noticeably differant than the B16 setup:

A better pic of an JRSC for an ITR:

There is no markings or numbers at all on the my charger. The reason why I think it is a LS setup is because there is a Throttle Cable bracket marked with P75, but maybe they used it for a custom setup.

How can I know for sure wtf I'm dealing with? I can post pictures this weekend if ya need it.

Sorry for the long *** story, Thanx in Advance.

=[REG]= Type ARRRRR

Modified by TheREGULATOR at 1:54 AM 5/25/2007
Old 05-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump, need help please
Old 05-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need Help Identifying a JRSC, Thankyou (TheREGULATOR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheREGULATOR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Here's a Badass JRS ITR setup. The S tube is "really" short and the TB sits close to the charger, but it is noticeably differant than the B16 setup:

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, I'm almost 100% sure that's NOT a JRSC. It's RCMcDaniel's setup, I'm pretty sure it's a custom job.

The one you have looks correct as far as I can tell.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (TheREGULATOR)

Yours looks like an ITR setup, it's got the roller bracket for the throttle cable, which is from the ITR kit. It's a B-series VTEC kit, and they are all about 90% the same. If you post a pic of the ports of the manifold, then I can tell you for sure if the casting is right. The other main difference is the alternator pulley, and if you post a picture of that we can compare it to a B16/GSR pulley that I have some pictures of.