Notices

need help with hessitation in and out of boost its killing me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with hessitation in and out of boost its killing me!

my setup: maxrev manifold, tial wastegate w/4.5lb spring, dsm 450s and resistor box, hks ss bov, drag intercooler, custom charge pipes and downpipe, t3t4e turbo, ngk brke7-11 plugs with a blaster external coil, b+m fuel pressure regulator and im running this all on an uberchiped ecu.

my problem is that i know i have an exhaust leak at the manifold to the head along with a minute leak at the wastegate (i did put in the sealing ring) and am going to fix them later this afternoon. but on occasion with cold starts and driving my car will hessitate and cut out but come right back. that is the first problem. the second problem is that when im reaching full boost my car bogs out and feels incredibly slow. yet during spool and before it hits full boost it pulls pretty well.

am i correct in thinking that my plugs are most likely fouled? along with that what else do u think could be the problem? its just so confusing and agrivating to finally get it running again after months of downtime and then it wont run right. thanks guys.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:32 PM

Default Re: need help with hessitation in and out of boost its killing me! (delslow94)

bump please help
Old 10-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need help with hessitation in and out of boost its killing me! (delslow94)

Starting from where you said at full boost the car feels like it falling on it face is more than likely a lean condition. The hesitation could be a nuber of things. How is your ignition system? Are your plugs gapped properly... like at .030?? Is fuel there???
Old 10-27-2003, 12:41 PM

Default Re: need help with hessitation in and out of boost its killing me! (93LSivic)

the plugs were gapped at .30 and the fuel should be there. the setup was set to dump fuel in so as to not detonate before i can get it tuned by a wideband. yet as i know how unaccurate a/f gauges from autometer are it goes either lean or really rich....just depends on the run. my fpr is set at 42psi do you think i should up the pressure?
Old 10-27-2003, 02:07 PM

ok i just checked the plugs and they are fine not fouled out. i checked the cap and it seems to have some corrosion on it yet it has only driven like 20 miles tops on it. i regapped the plugs and used some high temp gasket sealer on the turbo to the manifold and the wastegate to the manifold and tightened the manifold to the head gasket so that when it becomes light again i can change it out for a new gasket. i havent tried driving it yet since the gasket takes a while to setup but does anyone else have any ideas about the low throttle missing out of boost? or any of my origional questions for that matter? thanks again guys