Notices

NEED HELP! Can't rotate center section w/ pics! Any advice much appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP! Can't rotate center section w/ pics! Any advice much appreciated.

Hey guys seems like everytime I get a junkyard turbo rotating the oil inlet and outlet on the turbo is a big pain. Its always corroded together. Well I got all the blots loose and even some out but still cant get the center section to budge. Does anyone have any tips to what I can do to rotate this center section. LMK guys thanks alot.

Also one more question do you think that broken bolt will effect anything. Im def. going to grind it down and put it in the middle of the clamp not the outside. I would think it would be perfecty ok but I remember in the past I broke a bolt like this and had a small oil leak out of it. Well thanks.

Bonus pic heres a cart I made for my mm135:

Thanks for looking!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP! Can't rotate center section w/ pics! Any advice much appreciated. (TurBros)

Heat up the turbine section a little and tap it off.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NEED HELP! Can't rotate center section w/ pics! Any advice much appreciated. (Davep)

2 words: Naval Jelly.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:14 AM

Default Re: NEED HELP! Can't rotate center section w/ pics! Any advice much appreciated. (beepy)

I have a Holset turbo but similar problem, I was even using a chissel and mini sledge to try and seperate the turbine housing from the center section, wasn't working.

What I did was use Liquid Wrench, I have the foam one, and put TONNES of it on 2 times a day for a week, it finally gave out last night and I was able to seperate it with the chissel and sledge.

It was not easy.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP! Can't rotate center section w/ pics! Any advice much appreciated. (TurBros)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurBros &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys seems like everytime I get a junkyard turbo rotating the oil inlet and outlet on the turbo is a big pain. Its always corroded together. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well you buying a turbo from a car sitting in a junkyard, what do you expect?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:52 AM

dude are you trying to get your post count up or what? I got it for a damn good deal and I didnt get it from a juckyard, it's just one you could find there. Beats paying a shitload but when its all over its alot of time wasted. Oh well thanks for the help guys. What exactly is liquid wrench? Saw it on a search someone else used to rotate this but wasnt sure what he was talking about. I appreciate everyones time.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurBros)

Trust me, heat it up and it will come off with out much trouble.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:59 AM

Ok I know what liquid wrench is now. Well I did put tons and tons of WD-40 but didnt really help. Dave when you say heat it up do where should I focus the heat, are my arrows about where you are talking about?

http://img139.imageshack.us/im...q.jpg
Old 02-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurBros &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude are you trying to get your post count up or what? I got it for a damn good deal and I didnt get it from a juckyard, it's just one you could find there. Beats paying a shitload but when its all over its alot of time wasted. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, i'm trying to get my post count up. You get a free Igloo travel cooler with 6000 posts

No, i'm just floored when people try to use junk on their car to save a few bucks. If the thing is froze together, you think the seals are in good shape? Come on, use some sense there.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:24 AM

dude I have a brand new t3/to4e .57 trim .60 .63 sitting next to me. Junk on my car??? your a dumbass, just because im not putting a ling bling turbo on my car your going to bash me, pretty immature. OH well man your NO HELP so get out of my thread. Just because im having a little bit of trouble dosent mean the turbo is trash, people like you just give up to easily I guess thats why you buy everything. Well when I have extra money saved up and im on vacation ill be enjoying it. ***
Old 02-02-2006, 10:30 AM

Forget the liquid wrench, go to sear hardware, pick up a bottle of MAPP gas, kit setup and all those rusted bolts will come off with ease. trust us man this stuff works wonders if you don't have a torch.

Brain
Old 02-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurBros &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude I have a brand new t3/to4e .57 trim .60 .63 sitting next to me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, excuse me
Old 02-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, heat it up around the the top where it seals with the center section.

I don't think matt needs to up his post count, he already has 5k posts...
Old 02-02-2006, 10:48 AM

Default Re: (Davep)

See if you can find something called Kreel Oil.. Put some in there and it will almost fall off in no time..
Old 02-05-2006, 09:29 PM

Thanks guys for all of the replys a big hammer lots of lube and lots of heat did the trick. Everyones contributions helped. Peace