Notices

Need General Advice on selling a beautiful Turbo 99 Si...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need General Advice on selling a beautiful Turbo 99 Si...

Thought I would post this in the FI forum since I'm not SELLING anything yet, just seeking advice. I have a 1999 FBP Honda Civic Si w/ 68k mi. It has been babied from the get-go and has been modified to make my daily-driven commute more fun. The car has the following modifications. The question I have is should I return it to stock (I have all OEM parts in my garage), or sell it with the mods below???

MODS: (this setup was installed by me and tuned in Feb '04 by Steve Sakai of SGT)
Custom Turbo Setup:
-Precision SC50 .63AR, T31 76 trim(stage 3 wheel), 5-bolt ex.
-InlinePro SS Exhaust Manifold
-Precision Intercooler 1025 (31.5x8x3.5")
-DRAG Intercooler Piping
-SS oil feed and return lines (Earl's fittings)
-TiAL 38mm WG w/ dumptube coupled w/ flexpipe
-TiAL BOV
-Custom 2.5" DP w/ flex
-2.5" Stealth testpipe
-2.5" SS Mandrel bent Exhaust w/ Thermal R&D muffler
-Hondata s200b w/ 3-step, Datalogging, shift light, etc.
-RC550cc Injectors
-Walbro 255lph FP
-B&M FPR
-Jackson Racing Oil Cooler and filter relocation kit
-Autometer Boost and A/F white face gauges
-Dual gauge bezel
-Dual Stage Boost Controller
-3bar MAP
-Vacuum manifold
-Greddy Turbo Timer
-Digital Fuel Pressure gauge
-Analog FP gauge (engine bay)
-AEM Fuel rail
-ClutchNet Stage II (6-puck) clutch disc and High Perf. pressure plate (new)
-DC Sport short shifter
-KYB AGX adjustable shocks/struts
-Eibach Pro Kit springs
-White face gauges
-Front and Rear upper tie bars
-Full factory OEM bodykit (front, side skirts, and rear lip and spoiler)
-Smoked headlights
-OEM foglights (not installed due to intercooler piping)
-GSR Cams (not installed)
-some other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head...

This car has had regular maintenance, drives so nicely, and has been tuned by one of the best/most conservative (Mr.Sakai) for street-safe driving. It dyno'd w/ 273whp and 201wtq @ 11psi. It has no signs of knock, leaks, or smoke from the tailpipe. The motor is strong and running perfectly. My wife and I are having our first child around Christmas time and she won't allow me to put a baby seat in my car. Time to move on and try out a sedan (sigh). Please let me know what would be a fair asking price for the car w/ this setup. Otherwise, what would be a good price to ask for the turbo-related performance parts? Thanks again.

-Mark

Modified by NapTownSi at 8:12 AM 10/21/2004
Old 10-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need General Advice on selling a beautiful Turbo 99 Si... (NapTownSi)

Imo, I think you would get more money out of returning the car to stock and selling the turbo parts separately.
There are few people out there that are brave enough to buy an already turbo'd car no matter how beautifully the car was put together or how wonderful it was running.
As far as prices, I'd do some research in the classifieds on here and other automotive sites and see how much the used parts are going for.

It sounds like an awesome car...you must be sad to see it go.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Need General Advice on selling a beautiful Turbo 99 Si... (GSRgrrl)

You might test the market to see if you can get the amount you're looking for with it modified. That'll give you some time to feel it out and if not, you can always decide to part it out later. It sounds like a nice clean setup. It makes about the same HP and TRQ as my car. Good luck with it.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with GSRgrrl. There are FAR more people in the market for a stock car. You will not recover anywhere near the money you have invested if you don't part it out.

I sold my 2000 Civic Si bone stock for 14.5k a few years ago. I got an additional 3.5k for all of my mods (JRSC and other stuff). For reference, my buddy sold his car WITH a JRSC and got the same price as me. He ate about 3500! A friend of mine a few months ago sold his car (99 Civic Si w/38k miles) stock for 12.5k and sold all of his turbo stuff for 6k. So, he got 18.5k total. He tried selling it for 20k with all of mods and basically got a ton of 14-15k offers.

Sonny
Old 10-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need General Advice on selling a beautiful Turbo 99 Si... (GSRgrrl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSRgrrl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Imo, I think you would get more money out of returning the car to stock and selling the turbo parts separately.
There are few people out there that are brave enough to buy an already turbo'd car no matter how beautifully the car was put together or how wonderful it was running.
As far as prices, I'd do some research in the classifieds on here and other automotive sites and see how much the used parts are going for.

It sounds like an awesome car...you must be sad to see it go. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-20-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Re: (Sonny)

Seems like the consensus is what I was leaning towards. I know I wouldn't want to buy a modified car, let alone expect someone to want to buy it. If they knew me, they would, however, that's not the way it works. Thanks for the advice. Keep it coming.

-Mark
Old 10-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need General Advice on selling a beautiful Turbo 99 Si... (NapTownSi)

Unless your selling it to a kid who doesn't want to do the work himself, but has his parents willing to spend the $$, then put it back to stock. ESPICALLY if you already have the OEM parts, it's a no brainer. I know with my car I sold all of my OEM stuff, but I really don't plan on selling the car. . .