Notices

need advuce on how to rebuild my B16A2.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need advuce on how to rebuild my B16A2.

hello brothas.

before two months ago i got my b16a2 engine that came off a 94' VTI hatch.

i wanna rebuild it for turbo and i need your advice

i want to boost 10 psi daily and maby 15-17 at the track.
and keep it reliable

i looked at tuner toys connection rods. they look similar to EAGLE but tunertoys rods cost $225 (stock langht)

also what pistons and piston rings do you guys recommend for that amount of psi ?

according to my research i found that everybody recommend OEM head gasket... is it true for that amount of psi?

i want to reach the 350hp line... do i need any head work? (camshafts,valves,valve springs???)

as for the crankshaft i thinking about keeping it stock... many people say that OEM cranks are the best.... (because they are steel)

so... what should i do?

edit: also what engine bearings do you recommend?
Old 08-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need advuce on how to rebuild my B16A2. (RACEPAK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RACEPAK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hello brothas.

before two months ago i got my b16a2 engine that came off a 94' VTI hatch.

i wanna rebuild it for turbo and i need your advice

i want to boost 10 psi daily and maby 15-17 at the track.
and keep it reliable
i looked at tuner toys connection rods. they look similar to EAGLE but tunertoys rods cost $225 (stock langht)
also what pistons and piston rings do you guys recommend for that amount of psi ?
according to my research i found that everybody recommend OEM head gasket... is it true for that amount of psi?
i want to reach the 350hp line... do i need any head work? (camshafts,valves,valve springs???)
as for the crankshaft i thinking about keeping it stock... many people say that OEM cranks are the best.... (because they are steel)
so... what should i do?
edit: also what engine bearings do you recommend?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not from xp, but from what I have read in many threads by reliable persons, you could attain your goals from stock sleeves. As for the rods I used eagles in my build, got them from http://www.raceeng.com for $300 shipped. Pistons, you should search on this, I used SRP (JE) pistons, but there are many good brands out there. If you check out the faq at the top of the f/i forum you could prolly find your answer there or when you search. If you want to use your crank, I would get it balanced (make sure that they balance the flywheel and pressure plate when they balance the crank, this will be a more complete balance) and line hone the block. OEM head gaskets are known to be the ****, so I wouldn't even think twice about using them. Good stuff. As for bearings, I had federal mogul race bearings put in my block, I'll let you know how they work out in a couple of weeks. I don't know about whether or not you HAVE to port the head, but my immediate reaction would be no. Do some searchin', there is a mountain of info on this site. GL.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need advuce on how to rebuild my B16A2. (RACEPAK)

eagle rods 9 to 1 pistons try to keep the stock bore add a block guard u could use a stock head if uw ant and yes a stock head gasket is cool. my buddy had a very mild b16 and got to 360 whp on 12 lbs with an sc61 pistons rods and chrome