Notices

my woeful tale.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 01:57 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my woeful tale.....

where do i begin? all i wanted was a low boost civic but what i got in return is a big headache. started when i made the mistake of bringing my car and RH kit to st00pid in houston to install. After 2 wks of installing, he proceeded to blow up my engine. then for the next 2 wks he was supposed to fix the motor but when i got it back, a compression test showed that 2 cylinders were bad. brought it to carboy today and they told me that the new pistons were installed incorrectly (backwards?) or something like that and now i have to get a whole new set of pistons and rings. so for their labor and parts (ca. $1300) i'm basically just getting the car running, can't even boost because:

they said that the fuel setup is not good and the msd 6btm is not good either. they recommended that i buy 1) bigger injectors (i would agree with that) and 2) GReddy's blue box (which i've heard some bad stuff about).

so i've basically spent thousands of dollars to screw up my car and then get it back to stock. can anyone offer any good advice, offers to buy my car, or some sympathy?
Old 12-17-2001, 02:13 PM
New User

Default Re: my woeful tale..... (fongyuen)

where do i begin? all i wanted was a low boost civic but what i got in return is a big headache. started when i made the mistake of bringing my car and RH kit to st00pid in houston to install. After 2 wks of installing, he proceeded to blow up my engine. then for the next 2 wks he was supposed to fix the motor but when i got it back, a compression test showed that 2 cylinders were bad. brought it to carboy today and they told me that the new pistons were installed incorrectly (backwards?) or something like that and now i have to get a whole new set of pistons and rings. so for their labor and parts (ca. $1300) i'm basically just getting the car running, can't even boost because:

they said that the fuel setup is not good and the msd 6btm is not good either. they recommended that i buy 1) bigger injectors (i would agree with that) and 2) GReddy's blue box (which i've heard some bad stuff about).

so i've basically spent thousands of dollars to screw up my car and then get it back to stock. can anyone offer any good advice, offers to buy my car, or some sympathy?
that sux. especially cause stoopid has a good reputation and is a decent tuner. are there any other tuners in your area that are all right?? what was the set up you were trying to run?? how did he **** up?? try to be more specific.
Old 12-17-2001, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i remember seeing you post on CSi about this. Sucks to be you.
Old 12-17-2001, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

2 weeks to install a turbo kit is lame. it should take more like 2 days. I thought stuoopid knew what he was doing.
Old 12-17-2001, 02:25 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

do it yourself or not at all. sorry man.
Old 12-17-2001, 04:21 PM
New User

Default Re: my woeful tale..... (jinxproof99)

the setup basically was supposed to be the RH kit plus a in-tank fuel pump and msd ignition. nothing fancy, just the basic stuff but he blew the engine after he first installed it and took it out for some runs.

i'm not trying to bash jason or anything but this is what happened.

any comments on carboy's suggestion of getting the Greddy blue box to remedy my problems?
Old 12-17-2001, 04:23 PM
Texas B*tch!

I'd be asking for some money back or something to compensate for damages.
Old 12-17-2001, 04:30 PM
New User

Default Re: my woeful tale..... (ForcedAccord)

i did. but what can i do if he refuses to return the money? what are some options? i'm not going to pay twice for the work that should've been done right the first time. i hope he takes responsibility for his work/damage.
Old 12-17-2001, 04:36 PM
New User

take his *** to court!
Old 12-17-2001, 05:48 PM

Default Re: my woeful tale..... (_Shadow_)

take his *** to court!
I'd sue the **** out of him oh also I would make flyers to hand out to customers at his shop about your problems at his shop I'm sure that would due wonders for his business.