Notices

my turbo install...few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 07:22 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my turbo install...few questions...

Ok, well, I did my clutch/flywheel install on saturday. Spent about 6 hours on that. And i haven't even tested the clutch out yet. I just left all the tools there, and jumped into the turbo install on sunday. Spent 6 hours on that, and finally, today, spent 4 hours putting the oil pan, downpipe, and intercooler on.

Still not done though. Car has been on jackstands for 4 days. Called it quits because I got a long day of classes tomorrow. Anyways, the only thing I have left to do is hook up vacuum hoses, add tranny fluid, add oil, and hook up the power source for my gauges.

Here are the issues:

1) Now, I was trying to find another place to put my vacuum hoses. I know you can use the stock FPR, and I did that for my vortech FMU. There is also an EVAP purge control solenoid on the intake manifold, but what's another vacuum source I could use?

2) Also, does anyone with a Drag III hit their intake when they close the hood. Its not bad, but the hood hits the intake VERY little. I wanted to know if anyone else had that problem/inconvenience?

3) With the tial wastegate, I plan on hooking up one vacuum line to the side port on the tial wastegate. Do I leave the top port on the wastegate open? Do I have to plug it up? And if I use a TurboXS manual boost controller, do I just put it in between the vacuum source going to the side port of the wastegate?

Umm, thats all the question I can think of right now. I hope to finish the install tomorrow, and start it up. I hope everything is ok, no oil leaks, no fuel leaks, no exhaust leaks. I feel bad for Stan and I hope he can fix all his problem. But I hope mine doesn't turn out like that.

And to anyone that has done their own clutch install, I give you mad respect. I completed mine, and the feeling is great. But I will never EVER touch that tranny again!! or any other one, its just not fun at all.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:01 PM
New User

Default Re: my turbo install...few questions... (integra7)

Yeah, the air filter hit my hood. Just use a smaller air filter and maybe cut the piping about a 1/2-3/4 inches short so that the filter sits lower.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my turbo install...few questions... (puffy)

For the intake just turn the S pipe a little and you can get a little more clearance. I didnt have any problems w/ mine. As for the wastegate yeah you just leave the top port open and dont put on the metal piece on top of you'll dent your hood if you slam it shut. Hook the side of the mbc to the turbo and the bottom port of the mbc to the brake booster.