Notices

My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself.

Since Ive still see turds around HT, Heres my personal reviews on their new manifold. I have had it with stupid remarks, please grow up. This is MY experience, not from someones friends friend.

Why am I writing this? Just not only because I think that im a cheapass. Im running a Turbonetics Turbo t3to4e-TialWg-GreddyBOV-Skunk2Mani etc.. I can say that, I am a pioneer. Im not afraid to try new things.

Have I ran their old/new manifold before? and still? YES. Been working good? Yes. If seen personally manifolds that do crack, was from user error. Either from running no downpipe, wg or something hitting radiator support results in crack manifold, user error due to recutting and re-welding.

I honestly, think they are completely improving their product line. They are creating thicker and more carefully braced manifolds. Welds are absolutely fabulous, compare to many others on here. So why do people still hate? I give them a thumbs up for improving their product, due to demands of the consumers.

Heres pictures of my setup.

New manifold has been on for 3 months so far, seems to still run fine.

Welds for downpipe and manifold is completely awsome.

Their downpipe. I had cutted the end and had added on vbands. ^_~

More pics of their welds.

Here is my old setup. Manifold held on nicely for 2 years.

Their Packaging has been the best. Products are in boxes full of foam and taped up, always wrapped in bubbles, and putted into larger boxes full of peanuts. Securely wrapped indeed.

I honestly can say, if you really do it correctly, It will work fine.

Please, I rather not have any stupid remarks in this thread, Ive have had enough with them.

Ssauto get my Vote, even though they are only trying to give you guys a better competing prices over others. They are improving their products, as you guys may see. Thicker runners, better material, things braced for extra re-assurance.

Synik.

EDIT: Scroll down on PAGE 1 for 3 more pics of the manifold.

Modified by synik at 12:59 AM 12/29/2005

Modified by synik at 1:12 AM 12/29/2005

Modified by synik at 1:13 AM 12/29/2005

Modified by synik at 1:17 AM 12/29/2005
Old 12-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself. (synik)

do you have any other pics of your new manifold ??? and are you running a bracing setup ???
Old 12-28-2005, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself. (B18C1CYA)

Yes, I got some installed pics etc. Let me get them hosted up for ya.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself. (synik)

do you run your own brace on the turbo ?? or have it braced to the block ??
Old 12-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself. (B18C1CYA)

Actually on both manifolds, I have never ran a brace to the block etc. Im thinkin about fabbing up some fancy one, just for extra reassurance.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

cus a thin tube manifold will hold up if it is brace the right way , just so people know
Old 12-28-2005, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres more images of the manifold.
AINT THE BLINGEST! but it will sure work.

Blah, they even gave me a free Wastegate. Which is known to work nicely around HT. Even though I already have a Tial.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did you happen to get any pics of the insides of the runners ?? or collector ??
Old 12-29-2005, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the welds don't look bad at all... but i bet there is absolutely NO PENETRATION... that's the main reason they crack.. lol it's jus surface weld hahahaha
Old 12-29-2005, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (rhdune16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhdune16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the welds don't look bad at all... but i bet there is absolutely NO PENETRATION... that's the main reason they crack.. lol it's jus surface weld hahahaha </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup I would rather have somebody like tony1 or Engloid who both know how to weld take a look at the welds and material and see if it is any good. One of the FI regulars that lives in NC says that the guy that run SSAC are trying to improve upon their products. That's just what I heard though
Old 12-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueShadow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueShadow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yup I would rather have somebody like tony1 or Engloid who both know how to weld take a look at the welds and material and see if it is any good. One of the FI regulars that lives in NC says that the guy that run SSAC are trying to improve upon their products. That's just what I heard though</TD></TR></TABLE>

True, they are actually trying to improve, dont you notice? Larger runners, thicker runners, braced runners and wg. They material is 304Stainless or better. No doubt. Why look further? Its not mild.

Like so, works for me.

Think about it, Homemadeturbo guys survived under worse conditions of weld. Ive gotten good results. Its ok, id stick with whatever works for cheap.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (synik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

True, they are actually trying to improve, dont you notice? Larger runners, thicker runners, braced runners and wg. They material is 304Stainless or better. No doubt. Why look further? Its not mild.

Like so, works for me.

Think about it, Homemadeturbo guys survived under worse conditions of weld. Ive gotten good results. Its ok, id stick with whatever works for cheap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The pictures do look good, but to be sure I'd have to have the part in front of me to be able to tell if the welds are good. But Engloid, tony1 and a lot of the really good welders can tell if a weld is good or not just by looking at pics. Those guys can tell by looking at things like the heat discoloration pattern, bead pattern (height/width), how clean/contaminated the beads are, penetration and all that stuff. If you want some people to rate those welds IM tony1, Engloid, project_dc2, backpurge and the other OG's in the welding forum. Have them check out this thread and rate the improved SSAC welds.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueShadow)

Honestly SS/XS are not god at welding. No need to weld extremely with backpurging the whole nine. Whatever works enough will do. Colors of weld looks good. The heat is just perfect, as you notice with the equal heat marks all around. Myabe a tad more filler just because, but its pretty much at target.

LIke said, these welds are better then majority of the guys who sell manifolds on here. No doubt.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i personaly agree with you.... if it works and wont crack then its all good.

BUT... as you can see.... everytime that somone is complaining about/to the ssguy he acts like a retard!

ask the ssautoGUY a question he answers stupid ****...... thats enough....!

costumer service sux.

ban ssguy from the world

Old 12-29-2005, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself. (RACEPAK)

where can i get one
Old 12-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself. (M.A.R.C.)

I still don't get it. Their failure rate still seems to be high. I have actually seen quite a few of their new ram style manifolds. They have all cracked, and the last one I saw was on this Red Hatch in Tacoma when I was visitin my friends shop. I have seen some that have lasted. But I just figure, why not just spend the extra money for the real deal. Even if someone can't afford something like the full race, there is still a lot better out there. I just don't see the reason why anyone would take the risk. Trust me, I would love something affordable like this for my customers. Your talking to a guy that imports stuff on a daily basis. We have received manifolds and other parts from many overseas companies for mass production, but even then the quality is still not up to par unless you are willing to fork out some real money. I will have to take pictures of some of the samples we have received from these same factories.

I have dealt with all the overseas manuf. that make parts for SS, HKS, and so on.
I have even dealt with all the major manuf. that provide intercoolers to all those ebay guys. I have tested all that crap. One of these days when I have time to take pictures and make a post about all the stuff I have gathered I'll post it right here for everyone to see.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Trial User

Default Re: My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself. (BodyKits NW)

Funny they had to add a piece for there "XS Power" badge. Probably because the acid etch would have gone through the collector
Old 12-29-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself. (Benjithx)

looks good. its weird how even your old setup lasted 2 years. maybe i might try this manifold out. good write up.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Re: My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself. (Benjithx)

I'm glad to see that the quality may be getting better, but I couldn't see myself sending money to a guy like that. There are plenty of deserving manufacturers that actually give a damn.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself. (b18a1ef9)

lots of pedal pumping on those welds, but thats probably the least of the problems...
Old 12-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i say the same thing, no need to hate if it works.. for some people 200 bux for a mani is a dream come true to turbocharge their honda/acura etc.. ss auto/xs pwr provides people with that opportunity to better products...
Old 12-29-2005, 08:46 AM

Default Re: (adSPEED)

For $80 you could run an adaptor plate and a honda turbo manifold. That would be a $120 savings for the poor people.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that manifold that you ran for 2 years... did you polish up your mani alot or hardly drive it?

cuz my SS mani got all dark purple and blue after like a month.

it was a nice gold color for like 3 days.

or maybe it is all blue and purple in the pix... i just cant see it
Old 12-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

More pics installed please
Old 12-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (booja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by booja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that manifold that you ran for 2 years... did you polish up your mani alot or hardly drive it?

cuz my SS mani got all dark purple and blue after like a month.

it was a nice gold color for like 3 days.

or maybe it is all blue and purple in the pix... i just cant see it
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its somewhat still polished. It only turbs puple/blueish because of the contaminants outside of them, like oil, etc etc. ^_~ Usually wiping them down after you work on your car is a good idea.

Quick Reply: My Review on the new XSpower manifold. Dont hate. Get over yourself.