Notices

My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer

Old 01-26-2006, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer

I figured I'd go ahead and post my build for this coming season. I'm so close to finishing it that it's making my very antsy.

The only parts I need to order are the clutch, BOV(s), and manifold. I'm still undecided between Neukin and Full-Race on the manifold and debating between Tial 50mm BOV or twin HKS SSQV BOVs. If any of you nice Honda-Tech sponsors have any good deals on these items, shoot me a PM, lol.

Anyways, here goes, let me know what you guys think.

HEAD
Port and polished LS head
Crower dual valve springs and retainers
Crower titanium valves
Crower 62404 camshafts
Brand new OEM seals/gaskets
Skunk2 Intake Manifold (port matched)
Golden Eagle fuel rail
Precision 1000cc injectors
Skunk2 adj. cam gears
ARP headstuds
B&M adjustable FPR
Walbro 255lph HP

BLOCK
Golden Eagle 2.0L
Arias Pistons (9:1 comp)
Eagle Rods
Eagle Big Rod Bolts
Step decked, O-ringed, line bored, bored and honed
LS Crank
ACL Bearings
Blueprinted and balanced
Golden Eagle 84.5mm headgasket

TURBO
Garrett GT35R
Neukin or Full-Race Equal Length manifold
3" downpipe
3" exhaust
Apex'i N1 4” turbo muffler
KTeller 2.75" charge piping w/ T Bolt clamps
PWR 22x8x3 Intercooler
Tial 38mm wastegate – 9psi spring

ENGINE MANAGEMENT/ELECTRONICS
Uberdata
GM 3 bar map sensor
OBD2 to OBD1 conv. harness
Greddy Turbo Timer
Greddy Profec-B Spec II boost controller
Autometer Gauges – Cobalt series

MISC
Skunk2 short shifter (S bend)
Skunk2 shift ****
Slim fan
Fluidyne 38mm half size radiator
Competition Clutch, Stage5

SUSPENSION
Autopower 6 pt. rollcage
Tokico Illumina Coilovers
Rota Slipstreams (15”)
Skunk2 front strut bar
Skunk2 rear strut bar

GT35R, duh. 4" inlet

35R, 3" outlet.

Golden Eagle 2.0L

IC piping, silicon hoses, and t-bolt clamps

Greddy Profec B, SpecII

Cobalt 30psi boost gauge

Tial44mm - 1bar spring

Skunk2 cam gears, intake manifold, short shifter and shift ****

PWR Intercooler

Built/Ported LS Head

Slim fan

I'll post pics of the other stuff once I get a chance...

Ordering the clutch, manifold, and BOV(s) next week and then it'll be time to put it all back together again.

Modified by 19sec beast at 7:28 AM 2/25/2006
Old 01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer (19sec beast)

looking good man! good luck!
Old 01-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer (19sec beast)

Tri-pod PWNS you!
Old 01-26-2006, 05:09 PM

Default Re: My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer (KeithsDAteg)

I came to that crossroad once. Tripod or carparts. Guess what I chose? lol
Old 01-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer (romoracing)

what made you decide to use the 38mm wastegate as appose to the 44mm? isn't the larger wastegate recommended for holding higher boost pressures? the 38mm just seems small....
Old 01-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice setup. Cant wait to see what the powerband looks like. I have Crower 62404-2 camshafts in my NON-VTEC B18b head with a Precision GT3076RLE.

<Edit>
Question. Who did the head work?
</Edit>
Old 01-26-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Re: My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer (0x64)

0x64, how's the idle on your car? Is it too rough? Does it stall much, if any at all?

96BLkGSR, the 38mm should hold fine up until about 550whp or until I sell it to buy a 44mm. A bigger wastegate is defintely in the works. Check my ForSale thread on the FI forum, lol.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, beautiful setup, by why not go lsvtec?
Old 01-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (raiden571)

my guess would be to be different
Old 01-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19sec beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">0x64, how's the idle on your car? Is it too rough? Does it stall much, if any at all?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The idle on my car is fine to me. A little rough to some people here but not to me. I can sacrifice a perfect idle for a better overall powerband and more power. It's still on the previous map that was tuned for the custom grind cams I told you about. Even with that map the car doesn't stall. Usually lobes from 900RPM to 1100RPM. Not surging. Once in a blue moon it will drop down to 700RPM.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: (raiden571)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raiden571 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, beautiful setup, by why not go lsvtec?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The reason I didn't go LS/VTEC was because I wasn't happy with the torque, or lack thereof, with most VTEC and LS/VTEC setups. I figure I can try the nonVTEC route, and if it doesn't produce the power I was looking for, then I'll slap on a VTEC head.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:45 PM

Default Re: My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer (0x64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The idle on my car is fine to me. A little rough to some people here but not to me. I can sacrifice a perfect idle for a better overall powerband and more power. It's still on the previous map that was tuned for the custom grind cams I told you about. Even with that map the car doesn't stall. Usually lobes from 900RPM to 1100RPM. Not surging. Once in a blue moon it will drop down to 700RPM.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I don't mind a rough idle at all. How far do you rev your LS out to? Are you using a Main Girdle on your setup?

Old 01-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19sec beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, I don't mind a rough idle at all. How far do you rev your LS out to? Are you using a Main Girdle on your setup?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It has been revved out to 8,000RPM a couple times on the last camshafts. Will see what the powerband looks like when I dyno tune it next month. Will be placing an order with Precision for the larger A/R turbine housing before then.

&lt;Edit&gt;
No main girdle.
&lt;/Edit&gt;
Old 01-26-2006, 05:55 PM

I'm expecting my car to be back together and tuned within this coming month, so it won't be long until I've got dyno numbers.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good.

dont see too many badass non vtec setups....
I like it.

dont know who is tuning it for you. but if you want some serious power head my way, ill hook it up im curious to see what kind of power you can make out of it
Old 01-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what kind of power are you looking for with that setup? shouldnt one HKS SSQV bov be good enough?

if the HKS ssqv cant handle it.. i might have to get a different bov
Old 01-26-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Re: My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks good.

dont see too many badass non vtec setups....
I like it.

dont know who is tuning it for you. but if you want some serious power head my way, ill hook it up im curious to see what kind of power you can make out of it</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've been trying to see when you'd be coming to my area to tune. Seems no one in Atlanta has put forth the effort to fly you out.

Whats sytems do you tune? I'm debating ditching the Uberdata for Crome Pro or something. Feel free to chime in with any suggestions, sir!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so far how much have u spend ond all that u have up there ?
Old 01-26-2006, 07:29 PM

Default Re: My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer (EGSR)

It hurts to think about it, lol.

This is actually my second setup. It's true what they say, "Buy cheap, buy twice." By doing quick addition in my head without going through my file of receipts, I'd say somewhere close to $10,000 on this setup.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19sec beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It hurts to think about it, lol.

This is actually my second setup. It's true what they say, "Buy cheap, buy twice." By doing quick addition in my head without going through my file of receipts, I'd say somewhere close to $10,000 on this setup. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i sooooo feel ya on that statement...but then i take a ride at 15lbs open dp...and remember why every penny spent was dam well worth it...i mean honestly who has a car that could be defined as an amusement park ride right in there garage heh....

and def crome pro used it to tune my setup and couldnt be any happier...uberdata is nice do get me wrong...i started there...but crome got the job done...and its def got some nice scripts thanks to all the guys over at pgmfi.org
Old 01-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19sec beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've been trying to see when you'd be coming to my area to tune. Seems no one in Atlanta has put forth the effort to fly you out.

Whats sytems do you tune? I'm debating ditching the Uberdata for Crome Pro or something. Feel free to chime in with any suggestions, sir!</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's why I asked if you ran Uberdata on the last setup. It seems development on Uberdata is very slow or done. I use to run into the creator, Blake, of Uberdata every once in a while but he has been MIA. I suggest Chrome Pro for the time being. Also, depending upon where you live in GA Mase isnt a far drive.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did the same setup minus the cams and ported head and I was only able to make 355hp@22psi on a precision sc61
Old 01-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer (dalepatters)

Proper cams are a must IMO for a turbo NON-VTEC motor. A good port & polish goes a long way as well. Below is a car Jeff Evans tuned that was impressive IMO.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by "boosted hybrid" &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Car: Eg hatch

Engine: Stock sleeve LS block, 9:1 SRP pistons, eagle rods, stock headbolts, oem headgasket, crane stage 2 turbo cams, stock IM and tb

Mods: FR stage 2 GT kit, dumptube under oil pan, 3" thermal exhaust, no cat/resonator, RC 750cc injectors, walboro 255lph HP pump, 3bar map sensor, greddy profec b spec II boost controller, neptune

Tuning at 25psi on 110 octane:

*Dotted line represents pump gas 13psi tune, solid lines represent race gas tune. Tuning session was cut short at 25psi due to cylinder head lifting off block. Stock OEM head bolts and high boost dont mix. Luckily headgasket didnt tear, and customer was able to drive car back to fix iissue. As soon as headbolts are installed, going to 30psi. Probably going to make 500whp/425tq. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-27-2006, 02:01 PM

I think I'm going to end up getting Hondata S300 and take the car to Mase for him to work his magic. There are no Neptune authorized tuners near me here in Georgia.

0x64, those are some pretty nice numbers. I wonder if he had any porting done to the head or upgraded the valvetrain.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 19sec beast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think I'm going to end up getting Hondata S300 and take the car to Mase for him to work his magic. There are no Neptune authorized tuners near me here in Georgia.

0x64, those are some pretty nice numbers. I wonder if he had any porting done to the head or upgraded the valvetrain.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not that I know of. Your's should be very impressive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My non-VTEC build is almost complete. 56k... find the cure for cancer