Notices

My new project. Its a weird one.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new project. Its a weird one.

So I figured I was done with Hondas and going fast and what not. So I sold my civic and then the integra. Now I have a 1993 Mazda Protege from my gf's dad. Its a 1.8 DOHC 5 spd. Well I did some calling today and apparantly they take to boost kinda well. One guy is running high 12's with no internals. Nice. Here is my only drawback that I have found. The only Turbo manifold is from a 323 GTX or something like that. It only supports the IHI-Vj20 turbo. Anyone know of any other turbos I could fit on there? Wiseco makes forged pistons for this car and I am ordering a ACT clutch for it next week. Now some of you may say BAH, why do you want to turbo some econo-box. But everyone here is into turboing econo-boxes. I'm just doing it on a different platform. If anyone knows of anyone who could make a custom turbo manifold for say t3/t4, or a td04, or something more readily available, PLEASE leave em their contact info.

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My new project. Its a weird one. (EF9_SiR)

You can probably make a flange that adapts the ihi to t3.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:39 PM
New User

Default Re: My new project. Its a weird one. (I Need Money.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Need Money. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can probably make a flange that adapts the ihi to t3. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i was thinking too.

also it looks like it has a divided flange. you could keep that but if you choose a t3 or t4 it will be pointless if your turbo doesnt have a divided exhuast housing.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My new project. Its a weird one. (psileepR)

yeah. thats why i was wondering if there was anyone on here that made custom turbo manifold. the t3 flange is rectangular while that one is square. I could try and make one but it'll be difficult.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Isnt there a compnay on the internet that sells adapter flanges...I saw someone talking about it on here but I forget what its called&gt;
Old 03-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF9_SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I figured I was done with Hondas and going fast and what not. So I sold my civic and then the integra. Now I have a 1993 Mazda Protege from my gf's dad. Its a 1.8 DOHC 5 spd. Well I did some calling today and apparantly they take to boost kinda well. One guy is running high 12's with no internals. Nice. Here is my only drawback that I have found. The only Turbo manifold is from a 323 GTX or something like that. It only supports the IHI-Vj20 turbo. Anyone know of any other turbos I could fit on there? Wiseco makes forged pistons for this car and I am ordering a ACT clutch for it next week. Now some of you may say BAH, why do you want to turbo some econo-box. But everyone here is into turboing econo-boxes. I'm just doing it on a different platform. If anyone knows of anyone who could make a custom turbo manifold for say t3/t4, or a td04, or something more readily available, PLEASE leave em their contact info.

Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

man i remember you you scammed me outta my LS wiring harness were the **** is it?
Old 03-09-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Re: My new project. Its a weird one. (importboi22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importboi22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

man i remember you you scammed me outta my LS wiring harness were the **** is it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol OWNED!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importboi22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

man i remember you you scammed me outta my LS wiring harness were the **** is it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!!!
Old 03-09-2004, 08:52 PM

oopss
Old 03-09-2004, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

haha totally owned.

If i were you..other then finding a new board to post on - is get a custom manifold made. Its not as expensive as you might think.

liam
Old 03-10-2004, 01:58 AM

Default Re: My new project. Its a weird one. (liam821)

First off why not just use an IHI. They rival GARRETT in quality.

Secondly if you're scammed I'd listen and leave.