Notices

Is my LS tranny good for my ls/vtec set-up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my LS tranny good for my ls/vtec set-up?

just curious,plan on purchasing oem itr lsd-and stage 4 clutch flywheel and throwout bearing...
Old 12-02-2004, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Is my LS tranny good for my ls/vtec set-up? (spoon20)

That tranny will blow ***. Get something with shorter gearing.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is my LS tranny good for my ls/vtec set-up? (beerbongskickass)

My ls/vtec pulls soooo much harder w/ a gsr than ls.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That tranny will blow ***. Get something with shorter gearing.</TD></TR></TABLE> He is telling the truth
Old 12-03-2004, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is my LS tranny good for my ls/vtec set-up? (beerbongskickass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beerbongskickass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That tranny will blow ***. Get something with shorter gearing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Blunt and to the point, it made me laugh.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Is my LS tranny good for my ls/vtec set-up? (D15B7turbo)

tom u forgot to tell them u running turbo
Old 12-03-2004, 11:06 PM

this is a controversial subject

I personally think it depends on what you want to do with the car and the power level you have.

The LS has long gears, which I think works well with high horsepower turbo cars if you want the higher top speed and may help traction issues with really high power levels

It takes longer to get through long gears, but if you have the power and want the speed, the LS makes sense or at least an LS 4th and 5th.

I would say the Type R or the GSR is best for all motor, lower horsepower (not low, just lower), drag racing (as opposed to highway), or road course use.

So basically, when people say the GSR or Type R is better, that is definitely true because more people's needs fall under the GSR or Type R than the LS.

But the LS has it's place, too, and that's is why I brought this up...personally I will use the LS because I like highway races and intend to have a lot of power.

Hopefully that helps.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pimpintyperintegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pimpintyperintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is a controversial subject

I personally think it depends on what you want to do with the car and the power level you have.

The LS has long gears, which I think works well with high horsepower turbo cars if you want the higher top speed and may help traction issues with really high power levels

It takes longer to get through long gears, but if you have the power and want the speed, the LS makes sense or at least an LS 4th and 5th.

I would say the Type R or the GSR is best for all motor, lower horsepower (not low, just lower), drag racing (as opposed to highway), or road course use.

So basically, when people say the GSR or Type R is better, that is definitely true because more people's needs fall under the GSR or Type R than the LS.

But the LS has it's place, too, and that's is why I brought this up...personally I will use the LS because I like highway races and intend to have a lot of power.

Hopefully that helps.</TD></TR></TABLE>

2 the point