Notices

my build.. neeed some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my build.. neeed some help

What's up,
so I have a boosted 00 em1 that I'm getting ready to build.
I have a b18c1 sleeved from golden eagle block
bored it out to 84mm
going with 84mm arias pistons or cp pistons depends on the shop I'm going to go to? going to run 9:7-1 comp more power for less boost this is not my daily too just want to through that out there lol.
and eagle rods
should I run a ls crank to be a 2.0 L or just stick with a gsr crank?
also throwing on my itr head with ctr cams it a complete head so I will be using the itr manifold.
so im going all out so should I build the head too? But i know lot of car that dont build the head and making great power but ikno if i upgrade the cams to stick with all the same company so skunk2 cams skunk2 v/s/r.
but im not going to switch my rev limitor so why upgrade?
going to be running the b16 tranny with a oemlsd
well little of the topic the old shop i used to go to said my clutch i have now will hold my power but i called act and they said it barley hold my power now like 10 more ft pounds of torque it will slip.
so im going to run a stage 5 clutch master clutch know it will hold the power.
so i have a new turbo that doesn't even had 1k miles on it the same shop said it will be great with a build motor supposal the one he had in his race car. but idk to believe him my turbo is a 57 trim precision turbo so I'm
Looking to hit 450/500 whp so will I have to upgrade the turbo to hit around that on pump gas?
I'm running 750 rc injectors now so should I also upgrade to 1000+ injectors
The other thing I'm worried about is I have a single walbro fuel pump and a AEMfuel rail and fuel regulator. I hear it suppose to hold up to 500 whp so it should hold up but I want to run race gas down the road so should I upgrade it just run a full blown 2 walbro pumps with golden eagle fuel rail and a aero motive fpr. run a -8an feed and a stock return.
last is I really don't know who to have build the motor because everyone always has diff op on shops. but I just want it to be a great setup and mostly be safe!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my build.. neeed some help

Anyone??? Someone has to have something
Old 05-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Geez. Lots of questions. Go with the LS crank if you have extra cash, it doesnt matter that much just make sure to get the right rods. Pistons are up to you, the shop doesnt change which ones to buy. No need to port and polish the head, better cams will give you more power but not required for 500whp on E85. Go with a competition stage 5 clutch over the clutchmaster. 1000s will help you hit your power goal. A single walbro will give you 450whp. As for a second pump and bigger turbo it depends on your end power goal
Old 05-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by E85B18
Geez. Lots of questions. Go with the LS crank if you have extra cash, it doesnt matter that much just make sure to get the right rods. Pistons are up to you, the shop doesnt change which ones to buy. No need to port and polish the head, better cams will give you more power but not required for 500whp on E85. Go with a competition stage 5 clutch over the clutchmaster. 1000s will help you hit your power goal. A single walbro will give you 450whp. As for a second pump and bigger turbo it depends on your end power goal

lol yeah why whats the difference betweeen the clutch master and comp?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bumpp
Old 05-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boosted.si04
What's up,
so I have a boosted 00 em1 that I'm getting ready to build.
I have a b18c1 sleeved from golden eagle block
bored it out to 84mm
going with 84mm arias pistons or cp pistons depends on the shop I'm going to go to? going to run 9:7-1 comp more power for less boost this is not my daily too just want to through that out there lol.
and eagle rods
should I run a ls crank to be a 2.0 L or just stick with a gsr crank? GSR is fine, id spend the money elsewhere
also throwing on my itr head with ctr cams it a complete head so I will be using the itr manifold.
so im going all out so should I build the head too?for 500whp on pump gas i would get valves, valve springs, and retainers, CTR cams should be ok, aftermarket wouldnt hurt either But i know lot of car that dont build the head and making great power but ikno if i upgrade the cams to stick with all the same company so skunk2 cams skunk2 v/s/r.
but im not going to switch my rev limitor so why upgrade?if you want 500whp on pump gas you are going to want a higher rev limit
going to be running the b16 tranny with a oemlsd
well little of the topic the old shop i used to go to said my clutch i have now will hold my power but i called act and they said it barley hold my power now like 10 more ft pounds of torque it will slip.
so im going to run a stage 5 clutch master clutch know it will hold the power.
so i have a new turbo that doesn't even had 1k miles on it the same shop said it will be great with a build motor supposal the one he had in his race car. but idk to believe him my turbo is a 57 trim precision turbo so I'm
Looking to hit 450/500 whp so will I have to upgrade the turbo to hit around that on pump gas?57 trim barely supports that let alone on pump gas id go bigger
I'm running 750 rc injectors now so should I also upgrade to 1000+ injectorsyes upgrade
The other thing I'm worried about is I have a single walbro fuel pump and a AEMfuel rail and fuel regulator.should be fine you can add a bosch 044 inline if you want with the stock lines I hear it suppose to hold up to 500 whp so it should hold up but I want to run race gas down the road so should I upgrade it just run a full blown 2 walbro pumps with golden eagle fuel rail and a aero motive fpr. run a -8an feed and a stock return.
last is I really don't know who to have build the motor because everyone always has diff op on shops. but I just want it to be a great setup and mostly be safe!