Notices

My Autometer Boost Guage and my Greddy Boost guage read different numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Autometer Boost Guage and my Greddy Boost guage read different numbers

I am just wondering if my Autometer is reading the wrong amount of Boost? The greddy Profec B spec II is reading a way lower boost number then the Autometer one. I want to know if anyone has any idea why? I would like to know to be sure The car was tuned on the Dyno and 10 Psi is what low setting is at on the Greddy but on the autometer it reads 12-13 psi! I almost want to belive the Greddy becuase it takes the reading directly from the Wastegate/ TUrbo lines.
Old 06-15-2003, 05:14 PM

Default Re: My Autometer Boost Guage and my Greddy Boost guage read different numbers (Nissmaxx)

Where are the sources for your vacuum lines? From the sound of it it might be pressure drop due to the IC? But it does not make much sense since you say the Greddy is reading lower and it is hooked up to the wastegate/turbo.
Old 06-15-2003, 05:31 PM

Default Re: My Autometer Boost Guage and my Greddy Boost guage read different numbers (DeepSi)

Yeah exactly I am just as confused on this one. I am going to find out where my vacuum lines are hooked up to be sure. I ll probably need to do some troubleshooting, other then that the car is really pulling hard(Fmaxturbochic/Wifes, car). The dyno is showing some good Hp and tq numbers with no signs of detonation even at 13 to 14 psi. The spark plugs are lightly brownish in color and and tad of black around the base.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My Autometer Boost Guage and my Greddy Boost guage read different numbers (Nissmaxx)

couldn't u just swap the connections for the vaccum, err boost, lines? for the other gauge?
Old 06-15-2003, 07:40 PM

Default Re: My Autometer Boost Guage and my Greddy Boost guage read different numbers (red91sit)

i know this is stupid, but, i never seen a greddy gauge in fahrenheit, so imguess your converting it, check your math LOL

also im guessing you got an internal wastegate, cause you said "the lowest setting on the greddy is 10 psi....." so im just wildly guessing greddy kit, thus internal wastegate, thus creeping, if you do have an internal, my best guess is creeping without a doubt
Old 06-17-2003, 11:42 PM

Default Re: My Autometer Boost Guage and my Greddy Boost guage read different numbers (evoeone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by evoeone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know this is stupid, but, i never seen a greddy gauge in fahrenheit, so imguess your converting it, check your math LOL

also im guessing you got an internal wastegate, cause you said "the lowest setting on the greddy is 10 psi....." so im just wildly guessing greddy kit, thus internal wastegate, thus creeping, if you do have an internal, my best guess is creeping without a doubt</TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you mean farenheight, I dont see anything that he says about farenheight!!????
Also....
this is not a greddy turbo kit, he means the lowest setting on the greddy profec b spec II is 10, thats what it was tuned at, low 10psi, high 14 psi. also it is an external wastegate, deltagate II, the profec b worked fine at the dyno but when it came home, the greddy didnt work, we didnt touch any buttons or anything, so were not sure whats going on.

i notice that the autometer boost gauge reads 12 psi and the greddy reads different.

i wanted my daily driven car to be set at 10psi, and 14 for track, but when i hit it on the low setting it goes up to 12-14ish. I dont like that.

so i guess a question would be why do you think this is happening? and how would i go about changing it to make it right? also does anyone have experience setting the profec b spec II, maybe someone can help, so i can set it again, and try it out.