Notices

Moroso Oil pan 20911 & Factory OEM pans:Is the fact that some come warped acceptable?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 255 Likes on 223 Posts
Default Re: Moroso Oil pan 20911 & Factory OEM pans:Is the fact that some come warped accepta

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
Has anyone tried the new Fel-Pro Perma Dry Plus molded gasket ??? The part number is "OS30630T". It has a thin steel spine sandwiched between two layers of molded rubber. When you torque it down, no gasket "squeezes" out from under the oil pan flange like the OE and similar gaskets commonly do. I friend of mine put one on his GSR engine today... no proof of the performance as of yet since the engine is still on a stand.

i use the felpro perma dry gasket

i ordered it thru autozone and oicked it up in store

cheaper than speedfactory

op put the damn pan on and move on with life
Old 07-24-2018, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Moroso Oil pan 20911 & Factory OEM pans:Is the fact that some come warped accepta

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
Has anyone tried the new Fel-Pro Perma Dry Plus molded gasket ??? The part number is "OS30630T". It has a thin steel spine sandwiched between two layers of molded rubber. When you torque it down, no gasket "squeezes" out from under the oil pan flange like the OE and similar gaskets commonly do. I friend of mine put one on his GSR engine today... no proof of the performance as of yet since the engine is still on a stand.
two of our friends us this on b series turbo...one guy had hondahabbit and was leaking..with fel pro no leak..the other guy had problems too. fel pro on it and safe..
Old 07-24-2018, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Honda bond on pan side no worries lol
Old 07-24-2018, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1HGEJ2
two of our friends us this on b series turbo...one guy had hondahabbit and was leaking..with fel pro no leak..the other guy had problems too. fel pro on it and safe..
Doesn't matter what gasket you use, only thing that matters is how flat the two surfaces are. Oil could car less what gasket or pan is used, if there isn't a good flat seal on both sides it will leak. No amount of torque will bend a warped steel or aluminum pan flat without distorting the gasket.

The bigger problem is why Honda is now making such crap warped pans, I remember back in the day they were flat and you didn't have to check for a warp b/c they were flat. Guess they don't use these pans anymore b/c the cars are so old the press and molds they use are warped and distorted, there is no money in retooling and fixing the problem so keep putting out garbage and hope the customers don't know any better.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jetspeedz
Doesn't matter what gasket you use, only thing that matters is how flat the two surfaces are. Oil could car less what gasket or pan is used, if there isn't a good flat seal on both sides it will leak. No amount of torque will bend a warped steel or aluminum pan flat without distorting the gasket.

The bigger problem is why Honda is now making such crap warped pans, I remember back in the day they were flat and you didn't have to check for a warp b/c they were flat. Guess they don't use these pans anymore b/c the cars are so old the press and molds they use are warped and distorted, there is no money in retooling and fixing the problem so keep putting out garbage and hope the customers don't know any better.
i would sold ur car and go to an other manufactor..
hey man we used warped oil pan too!!! perma dry gasket and it will help. buy this facking gasket..put on 4 edges silicon and tourqe it to spec and u will be fine. ur a drama queen!!!
Old 07-25-2018, 03:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Man every headgasket does exactly that. It makes two surfaces seal. Depending on softness and thickness of the gasket they squeeze more and less from place to place because its never 100% flat and straignt to flat and straight.

Old 07-25-2018, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Comprehension is not your strong suit is it
Old 07-25-2018, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread I bought the Moroso Aluminum pan and it is totally flat, you lay it on a flat surface and there is zero gap. With that said I am expecting a little bit of oil to creep by no matter what because the pressure my motor makes being a turbo car.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you got a flat pan kudos, it should not leak if you are vented properly, but also depends on other factors as well
Old 07-25-2018, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

If you got a flat pan kudos, it should not leak if you are vented properly, but also depends on other factors as well
It's vented properly but I guarantee it will still leak a little. Pushing my power will inevitably do that but then again mines not a street car so a little residual wetness is taken care of with a rag.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Have you tried any other aftermarket suppliers for OEM style?

Makes you wonder what makes that one pan worth $340 lol
Old 07-25-2018, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Only one of those is a p72 pan the rest are ls. Anyway as I stated I got a good pan coming

On a race car I can see leaks bc of the pressure, how tight your gaps are for blowby, but I've also seen them dry
Old 07-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Only one of those is a p72 pan the rest are ls. Anyway as I stated I got a good pan coming

On a race car I can see leaks bc of the pressure, how tight your gaps are for blowby, but I've also seen them dry
I wasnt aware it mattered other then the baffles that come with Type R
Old 07-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It does you can't put LS on GSR
Old 07-25-2018, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It does you can't put LS on GSR
Must be the girdle. Found this with a quick search

11200-P30-010 = 1998 Integra RS B18b
11200-P30-010 = 1992 Integra RS B18a
11200-P30-010 = 1999 Civic SI
11200-P30-010 = Del Sol B16
11200-P72-010 = GSR
11200-P72-010 = type r
Old 07-25-2018, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Combination of pickup and windage tray hanging lower. Also gsr pan holds more oil. Now you can put a gsr on ls without issues just not the other way around
Old 07-25-2018, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Comprehension is not your strong suit is it
You clearly never understood the physics behind gasket sealing.
There can be:
1) 2 surfaces that can bend
2) 2 sufaces that cannot bend
3) a combination of two.

If you have the (2) if both of them are not 100% flat they will never seal. Classic example is the head / block seal.

On (3) If you have surface that bends and one surface that doesnt bend you ALLWAYS have to find the correct gasket. THE SOFT SURFACE will form around the hard surface and will have zones of high pressure (bolts) and zones of low pressure (the area from bolt to bolt). Classic pan block condition.
If the bolts are long distance from each other or the pan is too soft or too bend you must spread the pressure zone by using either more bolts or thicker/softer gasket.

On possibility (1) when we have two sirfaces that bend you will never have mechanical seal with uneven pressure.
​At that combos you must use chemical sealing or find a way to add 2 extra layers of material that will not bend to spead the pressure of bolts (sandwich method) or add a screw type (like fittings) 100% pressure spread method for sealing.

​​​​​​For you oil pan find a thick/ rubber type gasket and thank me later.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL thanks i needed that laugh....

Where did you get your physics degree from? Common sense must not be a criteria i guess any more for well educated folks like yourself.

Classic pan block condition.
hahahahaha, oh ya, real classic where you can bend the lip of a steel pan using 108in-lbs of torque. I would return your degree if I were you. Relying on common sense goes a long way.

In all seriousness, this thread has ran its course and should be closed.
Facts: OEM/Aftermarket pans come in a variety of deformations, quality control is not what is used to be. Find the least warped pan and go on your merry way.