More noob? Cr-v turbo build

Old 06-24-2019, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More noob? Cr-v turbo build

So i thought about posting this for awhile now. Iíve read countless of threads and almost have every aspect of my crv build down. My few questions are 1. Transmissions 2. E85/hondata and 3.awd.

Hereís some info on my vehicle 1998 Honda CR-V 5spd RT4WD itís completely bone stock i plan on a turbo build 350-375 whp and awd system in one peice

1.Can the stock crv transmission hold up to 400whp. Also do the ls/gsr transmissions support awd i would like to keep it awd if the stock transmission can handle that Iíll gladly leave it in the car.

2. Whatís all needed for e85 tune i saw on walbro website they have a ďe85Ē pump would i need that to run e85. to my understanding people run e85/93 itís a mix not straight. But if i needed to is it a switch back system to easily run 93 only or is it a set tune in ecu and i have to run it 24/7. Another tuning question hondatas300 i read its obd1 port i have 98 so it has obd2 they said something about ecu switchover but on there website the link is broken canít find much more info if anyone could send link or let me know how they did it would appreciate it a lot.

3. How does the awd system hold up i would guess the toothpick rear driveshaft would break first or the rear diff. If someone can let me know what breaks first i can dig more And try to find my own fix

Sorry Iím sure these ? have been answered but itís hard finding answered directly about the crv not a lot of people build that pig haha TIA for all and any info given.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:29 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: More noob? Cr-v turbo build

Welcome. Just as an FYI, there is an AWD section of the forum (albeit new) which has a few posts. You may look in there for some info on how much power the drivetrain can handle - also check out this build thread: https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-m...oject-3268963/

PBE is making billet bellhousings and transfer cases for the SBXM transmission. I think the T-case is the weak link, but again, I'll defer to those actually doing these builds to give you real answers.

To run E85, you will need an ethanol compatible pump (which you've already found), ethanol compatible injectors that are sized appropriately (1,000+ cc/min), and a tuneable ECU. If you want to do flex fuel and run anything from 100% gasoline up to 100% ethanol, you will need to set the car up for flex fuel. This involves adding a flex fuel sensor and tuning the ECU on two fuels. For Hondata S300v3, the ECU can be set up to interpolate between the two tunes based on the real-time ethanol content of the fuel in the car. Alternatively, you could do 2 tunes and not set up flex fuel, and then just change between the tunes when you change fuel, but do understand that the ethanol content in fuel isn't always the same from station to station or even from the same station at different times of the year. I think it would be wise to set up flex fuel if you were going to be changing fuels.

To run Hondata S300v3, you will need to convert the CRV to OBD1 and run an OBD1 ECU.
The following users liked this post:
Old 06-24-2019, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: More noob? Cr-v turbo build

Originally Posted by DaX View Post
Welcome. Just as an FYI, there is an AWD section of the forum (albeit new) which has a few posts. You may look in there for some info on how much power the drivetrain can handle - also check out this build thread: https://honda-tech.com/forums/tech-m...oject-3268963/

PBE is making billet bellhousings and transfer cases for the SBXM transmission. I think the T-case is the weak link, but again, I'll defer to those actually doing these builds to give you real answers.

To run E85, you will need an ethanol compatible pump (which you've already found), ethanol compatible injectors that are sized appropriately (1,000+ cc/min), and a tuneable ECU. If you want to do flex fuel and run anything from 100% gasoline up to 100% ethanol, you will need to set the car up for flex fuel. This involves adding a flex fuel sensor and tuning the ECU on two fuels. For Hondata S300v3, the ECU can be set up to interpolate between the two tunes based on the real-time ethanol content of the fuel in the car. Alternatively, you could do 2 tunes and not set up flex fuel, and then just change between the tunes when you change fuel, but do understand that the ethanol content in fuel isn't always the same from station to station or even from the same station at different times of the year. I think it would be wise to set up flex fuel if you were going to be changing fuels.

To run Hondata S300v3, you will need to convert the CRV to OBD1 and run an OBD1 ECU.

Thank you very much for all that info i will looking into the link and see what i can find and i would set the car up on flex system thatís definitely the best bet

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: