Notices

More damn neptue questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More damn neptune questions

I've been reading the old threads but i have yet to find any deffinative answers so i'll ask and see what i come up with.

1) price. What does it cost to go from a stock car to a neptune setup. What do i need to run this. I know i'll need a socketed P28 which go for about $180. Whats the price of the Neptune system. What else will i need to make it work properly. I assume i'll need a wide band. Any particular one? Any other hardware? I also assume i'll need at least a 3bar Map sensor. So from start to finish what will i need to make this work.

2) I realise this system is designed to be installed and tuned by a pro. AS the end user what will i be able to change and what do i need to do this. Can i change my nitrous setups. Rev limiter. Vtec change over. step settings. I know this software is designed for a Mac. Will i need a mac laptop to make moddifications.

3) does this allow for High/low boost settings or proggressive boost control, Will i be able to have a street and track setting? Or have various maps for various boost levels? What would i need to do to swap from one map to the other

4) What specificly makes this superior to hondata, uberdata or AEM?

i have more questions but thats all i can think of at the moment
Old 04-16-2005, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: More damn neptune questions (FormulaGSR)

and will a mod change the title to NEPTUNE. i fucked up typing this and would like to be able to access it latter using the search function if there is good info posted
Old 04-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: More damn neptune questions (FormulaGSR)

1) Talk to your nearest tuner

2) The 2-step is adjustable, everything else is not... The software is for Mac or PC, but the tuning software is not available for the end user... Datalogging software is the only thing available to the end users at current time...

3) Up to a 4 stage boost controller can be used and boost control can be turned off/on by a switch... The dual maps setup can be used on a switch to go between separate pump/race gas tunes...

4) Read the features list... http://hrtuning.com/index.php?page=neptunefeatures

All of the tuners that have NepTune are very experienced and will set you up right... The flexibility allows the tuners to provide a superior quality tune over other stock ECU based systems and beats a standalone in price by a mile... It's "like" an s100 where a tuner sets it up for you, except you can datalog with this setup and use other extra features like 3-step etc...

Modified by HRTuning at 12:23 AM 4/17/2005