Notices

More Block Boring Questions !!!! how does ya engine know ya bored ! ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 01:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Block Boring Questions !!!! how does ya engine know ya bored ! ?

Ok.. me finks iv almost decided that im going to get my block bored and also sleeved, changing the bore size after sleeving from stock 81mm 1600cc to a 84mm bore to 1700.cc's

Apart from getting a new head gasket and new pistons to match the bore size, is there anything else you need to do to tell your engine that your now just not a 1600 but a 1700 ie pump more fuel in ? thus taking advantage of the increased sizing ? or is that kinda all automaticly worked out by the engine ( god knows how )

The reason i can't go 84.5mm is bc JE pistons don't come in 84.5 ( according to be at inportparts) but i can get a 85mm piston...

Im going to get the block sonic tested to make sure it can handel the bore size.. at the same time ill see if it can handel 85mm... maybe ill change my mind from 84mm to 85mm.

Then after all that... to get 100cc more out of my little engine.. is it worth it ?? or should i just stay with the stock boresize ! ... its like im going around and around in a circle ! help is needed....

Regards James
Old 02-12-2002, 08:12 AM
New User

Default Re: More Block Boring Questions !!!! how does ya engine know ya bored ! ? (BLKCRX)

Apart from getting a new head gasket and new pistons to match the bore size, is there anything else you need to do to tell your engine that your now just not a 1600 but a 1700 ie pump more fuel in ? thus taking advantage of the increased sizing ? or is that kinda all automaticly worked out by the engine ( god knows how )
just whisper sweet nothings into the oil pump housing, she'll love you for it
Old 02-12-2002, 08:28 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: More Block Boring Questions !!!! how does ya engine know ya bored ! ? (BLKCRX)

Ok.. me finks iv almost decided that im going to get my block bored and also sleeved, changing the bore size after sleeving from stock 81mm 1600cc to a 84mm bore to 1700.cc's

there are a lot of gods in this forum then.

Then after all that... to get 100cc more out of my little engine.. is it worth it ?? or should i just stay with the stock boresize ! ... its like im going around and around in a circle ! help is needed....
you're talking about some pretty expensive mods to your engine for 100cc's of displacement. does it make much sense to you? do you have bigger plans?

Old 02-12-2002, 10:06 AM
New User

Default Re: More Block Boring Questions !!!! how does ya engine know ya bored ! ? (falconGSR)

Dear god.

What? Do you honestly think all these guys spending 5k on an engine are using a stock ECU to run their cars?

UH NO.

Most of them probably have Hondata, DFI, Haltec, or something badass like that to run the engines.

Engines and ECU's don't care how big the engine is, "they just run programs!" - Sorry, a little Short Circuit humor there.

Anyway, the fuel must be tuned to the horsepower and induction style that the owner is using. You'd be amazed what kind of power with just intake, header, and exhaust can be gained just by TUNING the new setup on a dyno.

Old 02-12-2002, 10:12 AM
New User

Default Re: More Block Boring Questions !!!! how does ya engine know ya bored ! ? (SiR Kid)

What? Do you honestly think all these guys spending 5k on an engine are using a stock ECU to run their cars?

UH NO.
what he said