Notices

Misfiring w/ a Greddy kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfiring w/ a Greddy kit

Hey guys I'm new to the forced induction world (formaly of the N/A side) so this may sound like a stupid question. Here goes.... I have a 1999 Gsr w/ a Greddy turbo kit and a FMIC. I'm running stock plugs and after I installed the 310cc injectors (made by RC) my ECU started throwing misfire codes. I ordered Greddy ISO7 plug like they recommended. Why this fix the problem?
Old 02-17-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Misfiring w/ a Greddy kit (TurboDB8)

no one?
Old 02-17-2005, 09:19 PM

try adding something to control the injectors. its not misfiring its bogging down cuz its running to rich. what do you have for management, jus that fmu huh? not the greats but it'll work a lil. change your plugs to 1 step colder plugs from any race shop. retard your timing a few taps on the distributor and add a fpr. either get an afc to control those injectors or put ur stock ones back. ur stock injectors with the fmu should be good to 7psi
Old 02-19-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Misfiring w/ a Greddy kit (turboda6)

the greddy kit comes with the 310's tho. The colder plugs should be here on tuesday. do i really need a fpr for stock boost levels from the blue box?
Old 02-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboDB8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the greddy kit comes with the 310's tho. The colder plugs should be here on tuesday. do i really need a fpr for stock boost levels from the blue box?</TD></TR></TABLE>

get a fpr
Old 02-20-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Misfiring w/ a Greddy kit (PrettyLude)

My friend had a greddy kit on his 00 si, it always misfired from day one. He tired colder plugs, he changed the gaps on the plugs, changed spark plug wires, nothing helped his misfire. He even had a fpr and still had no luck. He finally found out that he had a cracked ring land, not sure if this was the cause of the misfire codes.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Misfiring w/ a Greddy kit (boost fed ls)

odd thing is some times it totaly goes away and the car pulls like a mother!
Old 02-21-2005, 04:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboDB8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">odd thing is some times it totaly goes away and the car pulls like a mother!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had the same exact same issue as you. If you let the car idle for ANY extended period of time the computer will throw a misfire code (71,72,73,74).

The ONLY way that I have been able to get rid of the code is to switch the ECU. If you have a 96-99 Integra the 98-99 ECU is a lot more sensitive to fluctuations in crank speed. I ended up swapping my 99 ECU with a 96 ECU and it never came back. Honda supposedly made some type of change in the software code after 1997. You can confirm this with Arturbo as he was the one who pointed out the software change to me. I don't know what you would do if you have a 00-01 Integra though. (harness conversion adapter?)

The CEL doesn't affect performance and, as you already know, goes away by itself after a period of time. If you can live with the light coming on every now and then I'd just leave it. Your new spark plugs will not rid you of the problem but it would be a very good idea to run a colder plug anyway.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Misfiring w/ a Greddy kit (iiilgsrlll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iiilgsrlll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The CEL doesn't affect performance and, as you already know, goes away by itself after a period of time. If you can live with the light coming on every now and then I'd just leave it. Your new spark plugs will not rid you of the problem but it would be a very good idea to run a colder plug anyway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It does affect performance in my car though. I can feel the misfires
Old 03-11-2005, 09:13 PM

ok, got the plugs in and the car noticably stubbles in the high rpms. my engine is stock as is the greddy kit. help!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:20 PM

i was in your position when i got my greddy kit. CEL right from the get go and it flashes at times. i ditched the blue box and tuned with hondata. ever since, the car has been running fine.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Misfiring w/ a Greddy kit (y0y0)

get rid of the blue box and get hondata or something. the blue box does that to every honda
Old 03-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Misfiring w/ a Greddy kit (boost fed ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boost fed ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My friend had a greddy kit on his 00 si, it always misfired from day one. He tired colder plugs, he changed the gaps on the plugs, changed spark plug wires, nothing helped his misfire. He even had a fpr and still had no luck. He finally found out that he had a cracked ring land, not sure if this was the cause of the misfire codes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hehe exact same thing on my 00 si, I had a fpr too, doesn't really make a difference. people say that the blue box is really pretty good for what it is (runs real rich and safe) but I don't know, when I started getting the misfire codes oil consumption went WAAYYY up and a rebuild happened a few thousand miles later....
Old 03-12-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Misfiring w/ a Greddy kit (hadboosttroy)

is this gonna happen with e-Manage as well ?? I got 2-step colder NGK's