Notices

Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed

Old 10-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed

The price for the Full race kit is like close to 4,000K so can someone give me some ideas on specifics on what parts they would use to build a kit compraple and capable fo the same power levels, Im shooting for 450whp out of what ever I go with. So if someone could help me or list what turbo,manifold, other parts they would suggest I would really appreciate it. And its gonna be on a built Ls/vtec
Old 10-04-2004, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (Spooled1.6L)

full race is great but u can definetly save at least a thousand dollars by peicing together the exact kit. new turbo, equal legnth mani, wg, bov, custom piping (cus it never fits perfect), injectors + fmic really shouldnt be more than $3000 MAX. with that extra thousand you could get ems and tuning. I mean personaly the only thing I would buy new would be the turbo and maybe injectors if u got everything else lightly used you could do it for around $2500.

Modified by donkiman at 11:37 PM 10/4/2004
Old 10-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (donkiman)

i just peiced the kit the same thing.... ended up paying about 3400

tial wastegate , greddy bov, piping, PWR intercooler, downpipe, turbo, EL manifold, but mine also included injectors& hondata
Old 10-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (donkiman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by donkiman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">full race is great but u can definetly save at least a thousand dollars by peicing together the exact kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think you would be surprised.. you definately are not going to get the quality of one of our kits in a DIY package and save a thousand dollars.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (Full-Race Ge

Full-Rice
Old 10-04-2004, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (Full-Race Ge

if you know what youre doing then peice a kit together. I got my whole setup for about 4000 which includes all of the following. I got everything i wanted, specific parts and parts that i wanted to be different. However, I would have went full race had i not wanted a couple of the parts i got:

full race t3/67 .82ar
lovefab mini me mani
lovefab 4" side exit dp
lovefab side exit dump
tial purple wg
tial purple bov
custom piping(steel bends and a projectdc2 upper charge pipe)
precision 750hp intercooler
aem fuel rail bored for holley injectors
aem FPR
holley 76lb injectors
greddy spec 1 profec b
greddy turbo timer
autometer egt, oil press, oil temp, water temp, boost gauges
msd blaster ss
msd modded cap
cheapturbo.com oil lines
silicone connector tube
atp silicone 2.5-3" reducer
t bolt clamps

and possibly something else i may be forgetting. the only used parts i bought are the injectors, fuel rail, regulator, tt, ebc, and egt gauge. everything else i just looked for mysef. the downside is time. it definitly takes longer to piece it together, but its up to you, you cant lose either way
Old 10-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like a nice kit u pieced together
you wouldn't happen to have any pics of the dp or dumptube would you?
Old 10-04-2004, 04:46 PM

piece, then you can get exactly what you want, and work out great deals saving you money. Plus you learn about all the concepts when you research what your buying. Helping you understand when things go wrong.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ebp 99 si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like a nice kit u pieced together
you wouldn't happen to have any pics of the dp or dumptube would you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah heres a pic

Old 10-04-2004, 06:35 PM
New User

Where'd ya get your parts?
Old 10-04-2004, 06:38 PM
New User

Full Race is TOP NOTCH products all of them! Nothing that I have seen compares!
Old 10-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

some homo name boostfed
Old 10-04-2004, 06:56 PM

depends if you DIY guy or person that likes to pay to have someone already figure it out.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its one thing to piece together a kit from all sorts of used parts in a $$ crunch.

Its another thing to piece together the same exact thing that full-race already has. I'm sure if you wanted a 38mm gate instead of a 44mm gate they would have no problem adjusting the price accordingly (for example).

If I had the cash to put together such a nice kit a few years ago when this madness started i would've MUCH rather have paid a little extra to insure quality, fitment, and a lower stress level which all = more driving time.

In the end if you add up EVERY expense, i guarantee after you've been nickle and dimed to death you would've wished you went the other route.

This comming from a 6 yr vet of the honda scene lol.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

their customer service is second to none
Old 10-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (Spooled1.6L)

Custom
Old 10-04-2004, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (B00ST2nR)

full-race is top quality
Old 10-05-2004, 02:02 AM
The Boot

Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (FOrSfEd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FOrSfEd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">full-race is top quality </TD></TR></TABLE>
BLAM!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (Smokinsax)

ok second question, if I go with Full-Race. IS there a Stage Kit you would recomend. I mean as far as the HP Goes its only a few more hundred dollars for more HP, So am I better off just buying the 600hp kit even if my goals for now are only like 450?
Old 10-05-2004, 06:09 AM

Full-Rice !!
Old 10-05-2004, 07:42 AM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spooled1.6L &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok second question, if I go with Full-Race. IS there a Stage Kit you would recomend. I mean as far as the HP Goes its only a few more hundred dollars for more HP, So am I better off just buying the 600hp kit even if my goals for now are only like 450?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think it is always better to go up one size basically! Turbo is addicting and sooner or later you get tired of what you have and turn it up, UNLESS you are POSITIVE you will only want say 450hp and not more EVER then go with the Stage 1, but remember swapping out turbos ain't nothing but a thang, and start out with the upgraded IC 20x11x3 core. Good luck whatever you decide.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (Boostfed)

Old 10-05-2004, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (FOrSfEd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FOrSfEd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">full-race is top quality </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There products are awesome!
Old 10-06-2004, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed (ChargedLude9

I think i wanna use the INline Pro manifold

Any suggestions on a turbo? That can support 500ish on an ls/vtec with good spoolup

All my oil lines?- Get that from Flemenco-T ?
Where is a good place to get the Charge Pipes?
And the Downpipe? Is that something I can just have a muffler show make for me?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mental Debate:Buy Full-Race Kit or Peice together comprapable kit?Opionions needed